Author Topic: Utah GTG  (Read 6750 times)

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
Utah GTG
« on: Nov 20, 2012, 05:24 AM »
Ive been asked to start a Utah GTG thread. Can everyone give me a list of lakes they would like to have a GTG at and I will start a poll so you can decide where to have it.You might think about places that have a shelter house and maybe cabins or motel close and food is always a good thing.  JT

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Utah GTG
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2012, 06:57 AM »
No surprise coming from me but i start with PINEVIEW  :thumbsup:,  mantua, east canyon, lost creek, rock port and i wish the water wasn't so low or i would add echo
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2012, 07:48 AM »
i say the strawberry ,pineview:thumbsup:

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2012, 08:26 AM »
Pineview for us would be a nice choice as we fish for Perch and Crappie.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2012, 08:34 AM »
Pineview works for me as well.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Darn0

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Pineview sounds good, but I'll go any of the lakes mentioned.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Do you take strays from Wyoming? I am Utah on the inside. ;)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2012, 08:10 PM »
o ya the more the better :thumbsup:

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2012, 08:27 PM »
o ya the more the better :thumbsup:
Thanks man. I will keep my eyes on this thread to see when and where.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2012, 08:58 PM »
More than happy to have you down prospector and any other of our I.S. members
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2012, 09:18 PM »
More than happy to have you down prospector and any other of our I.S. members
Thanks, the lights are always on for you guys here as well! I hope to have you guys show me Strawberry this year. Lived down there 20 years and never walked on it one time. :cookoo:

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2012, 05:16 AM »
Looks like PINEVIEW is the choice by most of the replies. Guess I need some dates and we can have a poll to see when most want to have it.Give me some dates and I`ll set up a poll.. JT

Offline Phfactor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Pineview seems to be the winning bid for now (which I have not fished), I'll throw a bid out there with Strawberry.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2012, 09:13 PM »
I say the View would be great for the official one. :thumbsup:  Maybe the Berry could be a less formal gathering the next day...Scofield the next...Fish lake for people who know how to really play hookie. ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2012, 09:32 PM »
Hard to believe in 20yrs you never walked on ice there prospector, that's going to be one this year for sure. We try and get up there atleast twice an ice season. Although I look more forward to the trip on veterans weekend. Them cuttys sure put a good feed bag on right now.  I agree on the official get to gether at the view and then a meet at the berry after
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hitmanhite

• IceShanty Rookie
  • All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2012, 11:54 PM »
Man I'm glad I found this site! Live 10 minutes from Pineview, just retired from the military. I'm am on my fishing.....ahem.....t ransition to new job time. Just picked up an Eskimo hub, 3 rods, a few jigs, and have no idea what the heck I'm doing. Hope to hook up with some "instructors" haha. Fished Island Park all summer with a heck of an instructor and slayed the trout up there. Never had much luck fishing soft water at Pineview this year, then again I am a bass guy. Those burbot I see on the net at the Gorge look crazy. Heard they were good eating though. Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2012, 02:03 AM »
Man I'm glad I found this site! Live 10 minutes from Pineview, just retired from the military. I'm am on my fishing.....ahem.....t ransition to new job time. Just picked up an Eskimo hub, 3 rods, a few jigs, and have no idea what the heck I'm doing. Hope to hook up with some "instructors" haha. Fished Island Park all summer with a heck of an instructor and slayed the trout up there. Never had much luck fishing soft water at Pineview this year, then again I am a bass guy. Those burbot I see on the net at the Gorge look crazy. Heard they were good eating though. Look forward to meeting some of you guys.
Welcome to the site , It sure is nice livin next to pinview i just moved from liberty and it was alot of fun There is alot of good hardwater fisherman on here that im sure will love to help you out i know i will. anytime you wanna hook up let me know. and good luck this season!

Offline Utahman22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:32 AM »
I am new to this site and have not meet any of you guys yet. But i would love to hit up pineview with all of you and learn how to fish it! For any of you that are looking for someone to go with i am open to going anytime, my wife is not a fan of the cold or being on ice! ??? So i am always lookin for some guys to go with!! ;D

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:41 AM »
welcome to IS it a great way to lean how to fish diff lakes and meet alot of cool people

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:43 AM »
I am new to this site and have not meet any of you guys yet. But i would love to hit up pineview with all of you and learn how to fish it! For any of you that are looking for someone to go with i am open to going anytime, my wife is not a fan of the cold or being on ice! ??? So i am always lookin for some guys to go with!! ;D
welcome  and ya well have toget down your way to hit some ice or meat in the middle at the berry

Offline Utahman22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:45 AM »
I am willing to drive any were to do some fishin ;D

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2012, 08:42 AM »
From one military retiree to another, welcome Brother - and thank you for your service.  I'm a frequent visitor to PV on the hard deck being fully retired so maybe we can meet up on the ice this season.  And for sure try to make the GTG whenever and wherever it happens.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 2012, 08:47 AM »
I am willing to drive any were to do some fishin ;D
I'm on a fixed income and at the mercy of the high cost of diesel fuel so my fishing locations are usually closer to home.   :(
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Nov 30, 2012, 10:45 AM »

Welcome to the shanty hitmanhite, some good folks here and im only about 20min from the view myself, i see you like bass  :thumbsup: well the view is up and coming for some real toads. Im hoping to pull a 20incher next year on the soft water. Check out some of the post on our sister site http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?board=37.0 You can join up there too for the soft water season. I'll be hittin the view pretty good  just as soon as it freezes, i usually head up after work and stay into the nite. Crappie can turn on pretty good sometimes after the sun sets. Dont stay to late around 8-9. Your welcome to join on any trips we get going. As for the burbs they are tasty.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 30, 2012, 05:28 PM »
We're in for a GTG on Pineview...however we have several trips planned out of state...middle of Jan & Feb and hopefully Mama Nature will be nice to allow us to make these trips...just so you folks know if we don't attend the IS Utah GTG on PV.

Offline Hitmanhite

• IceShanty Rookie
  • All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #25 on: Nov 30, 2012, 11:52 PM »
Thanks for all invites, this year is gonna be fun. Just reserved a spot for the second weekend of Dec on Henry's. Gotta get the last use out of the Idaho license. (they expire in Dec instead of a full year.) Now if we can just turn this rain into snow, we would be good to go.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:58 AM »
I'm on a fixed income and at the mercy of the high cost of diesel fuel so my fishing locations are usually closer to home.   :(
I hear you there...

Offline nicejigs

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH ON
« Reply #27 on: Dec 08, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Hi all -I will fish anywhere but can only do it the weekend of January 6. Tight lines from the big sky.
-"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, don't teach a man to fish and you feed yourself. He's a grown man, fishing is not that hard." _Ron Swanson

Offline Solist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:39 PM »
I vote the berry.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Dec 23, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Looks like PINEVIEW is the choice by most of the replies. Guess I need some dates and we can have a poll to see when most want to have it.Give me some dates and I`ll set up a poll.. JT

Jan 12
Jan 26
Feb 9
Feb23

I was thinking letting the ice get thick enough for machines 12th may be questionable, whats everyone else thinking  ???
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.