The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: FIND OF THE CENTURY....BRAND NEW JIFFY MODEL 30..STUCK AWAY IN A GARAGE !!  (Read 2269 times)

Offline icefishingashton

• IceShanty Rookie
I FOUND TODAY A BRAND NEW NEVER FIRED OR GAS EVEN POURED INTO A MODEL 30 JIFFY.....PUT GAS IN AND IT STARTED 1ST PULL!!...JUST DONT MAKE THEM LIKE THIS ANYMORE!!...

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
HOLY $#@! #@T!!!!!!! WHERE did you find that, and how????? Tell us more!!!!  :o
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
Great find!!
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
Found? What's the story?

Offline icefishingashton

• IceShanty Rookie
IT WAS IN THE GARAGE OF A LADY WHOS HUSBAND BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW , AND THEN PASSED AWAY A FEW YEARS BACK AND FOR WHATEVER REASON?...HE HAD IT TUCKED AWAY IN THE GARAGE AND IT WAS STILL IN THE BOX.....SHE WAS MOVING AND THE FAMILY FOUND IT AND MY WIFE WORKS WITH HER......SO I GOT FIRST DIBS ON HER!!..IT WAS REALLY NEAT TO OPEN A AUGER UP THAT WAS FROM YEARS BACK AND STILL BRAND NEW..........I THINK THESE ARE PRETTY GOOD AUGERS?...IM JUST GOING ON WHAT I REMEMBER PEOPLE SAYING A LONG TIME AGO.....ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS ABOUT THESE, ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!...IT HAS THE TECUMSEH MOTOR ON IT AND A 8 INCH AUGER.......CAN I SWITCH THE AUGER TO A NEWER STYLE 10 INCH ?....OK THANKS GUYS

FRESHBAIT

they are good augers, just heavy.  Its almost a shame to run her, but hey thats what they were made to do and thats run and cut holes

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
Great find!

Offline pzoch

• Team IceShanty Addict
Awesome find, its a great auger,a little heavy
 but is almost bullet proof and will last you a long time.
 ;D

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
You lucky sob, there will be plenty of ice this year so have fun  ;D

Offline icefishindaddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • please make ice

Been using the same one and starts first pull and runs great. Congrats on the great find and you will get years of service with it. The 8" auger is a good size I would not bother with a 10".

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
So common, out with it......how much.

Offline GillMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kills the Gills
What a beauty. Nice find!

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice find.  Enjoy.  I wouldnt even mess going to the 10" size.  8" should be plenty. 

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
If you hunt up their web page and get the jiffy phone number, some one can give you the year of manufacture if you provide the serial number...........just for fun.  I had one made in 1972 and it ran like a brand new one.
Be sure to run a little staybil if you don't use it much.

On the auger size, if 8 inch is not big enough for that killer walleye or monster pike, just drill a second or third hole and inter connect the holes. As the ice gets thicker than a foot, this works well even for a 10" auger.    Be sure to check the regulations  on hole size first.  I would not change the auger size.
(formerly of Harrietta/Mesick area)
Thread killer

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • gimme back that fillet o fish
i have the 10" and its a hand full. if your not careful going through the last inch or so it will spin you right around in a circle..lol
Chepi

Offline carbidemanfishing

• Team IceShanty Addict
To make a long story short-you killed some old dude for his auger. I can understand that-lol.
IT WAS IN THE GARAGE OF A LADY WHOS HUSBAND BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW , AND THEN PASSED AWAY A FEW YEARS BACK AND FOR WHATEVER REASON?...HE HAD IT TUCKED AWAY IN THE GARAGE AND IT WAS STILL IN THE BOX.....SHE WAS MOVING AND THE FAMILY FOUND IT AND MY WIFE WORKS WITH HER......SO I GOT FIRST DIBS ON HER!!..IT WAS REALLY NEAT TO OPEN A AUGER UP THAT WAS FROM YEARS BACK AND STILL BRAND NEW..........I THINK THESE ARE PRETTY GOOD AUGERS?...IM JUST GOING ON WHAT I REMEMBER PEOPLE SAYING A LONG TIME AGO.....ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS ABOUT THESE, ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!...IT HAS THE TECUMSEH MOTOR ON IT AND A 8 INCH AUGER.......CAN I SWITCH THE AUGER TO A NEWER STYLE 10 INCH ?....OK THANKS GUYS

Offline IceFishinJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Alcoholic
I have one that I have been using for years. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's a awesome find for sure.

Joe

Offline icefishingashton

• IceShanty Rookie
yeppers...i paid 175.00 for it with a big smile!!..

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
yeppers...i paid 175.00 for it with a big smile!!..

Right on man, I hope it drills thousands of effortless holes for you.....fish on  :tipup:

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
My buddy has the same 10 inch.... thing looks like crap, beat to heck and still fires up 1-2 pulls everytime

Love the 10 inch hole for tip ups

Offline Quantrel

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waugh!! I have the hair of the BEAR in me!!
Dude you must feel like Howard Carter when he opened King Tut's tomb!
Model 30 was the best auger made by Jiffy.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
I own a jiffy model 30 . It was the 50th year anniversy model . although i dont recall what year exactly . early to mid 2000s . it was a very late in the season when i bought it and all they had left was a 10 inch auger . I have nothing bad to say about it . It works great . But my first choice would have been for the 8 inch . Just less weight and where i fish that hole is a good size . Still starts fast and runs strong . Best of luck with it .

Offline frigidaire

• Team IceShanty Regular
The picture looks exactly like the one I purchased back in 1982 for (I think) $236.  It's still going strong!

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
My buddy has one of those, he used to live in Sheboygan and got it right from the factory there. He got it tuned up last year and it runs great. The only downfall is it is a little on the heavy side.

Offline fishingguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
If you find a 10 inch auger be sure it's a Jiffy, or it will spin the wrong way. LOL I did it once got all the way to the lake and said " what the F%#@#".

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
What a smokin deal ! That thing is beautiful! I currently run a 2hp jiffy stealth but I am looking for a good deal on a model 30. I love those things!!
Fishin red lines

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thats just too cool

Offline Zink

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice.  I have the same model my dad gave me that was used maybe 10 times. I love it and starts first or second pull no matter how cold. I called Jiffy and gave the serial number and mine was made in 1982  You will love it.

Offline Tipup Master

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad start to the day!
I did alot of research on what power auger I would buy if I went to a power auger and the Jiffy 30 was what I would buy.  I live in SW Mich and we rarely get over 8 inches of ice.  I bought a 6 inch hand  Nils and it will cut thru 10 inches in less then 15 seconds. I will buy a Jiffy 30 or a Nils power when I fish in more then 12 inches of ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.