Author Topic: Deja Vu?  (Read 716 times)

Trooper Bri

Deja Vu?
« on: Oct 26, 2012, 05:54 PM »
No snow this time, but jeez. Enough already. Is this the only hurricane to actually hit the US this year?

Besides, this Halloween candy I bought last year is getting really stale. Was hoping to get rid of it. ;)

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
Re: Deja Vu?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2012, 07:06 PM »
At this point,  it sounds like the north east is in for it. GOOD LUCK,  STAY SAFE!

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:26 PM »
Yup here we go ( perfect storm ), stay safe and sound boys.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Getting ready for Sandy here.  It's not looking good but I'm hoping it's not as bad as they say.  We all know how accurate the weather people are with their forecasts.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2012, 05:11 AM »
We lost power for 8 days last year. Took a big hit on all the bait here at the shop. I can't possibly be anywhere near as bad this time but it only takes 24 hours to lose our shiners and 72 for the frozen to turn to crap... CTO has survived a direct hit from a tornado, a blizzard, a flood and a minor earthquake... We will get through a hurricane. The locusts should be here by May I figure...

Offline hertzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If some is good, then more is better!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2012, 04:02 PM »
We lost power for 8 days last year. Took a big hit on all the bait here at the shop. I can't possibly be anywhere near as bad this time but it only takes 24 hours to lose our shiners and 72 for the frozen to turn to crap... CTO has survived a direct hit from a tornado, a blizzard, a flood and a minor earthquake... We will get through a hurricane. The locusts should be here by May I figure...

What about the Zombies???   :) ;) ;D @) :tipup:
Brute force and ignorance with over come fear and common sense!

Trooper Bri

« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2012, 07:45 PM »
I missed being in that tornado by 10 minutes!

The shoreline is taking a beating for sure. Best wishes to them tonight. High tide is just hitting the eastern sound, so it's gonna be ugly for a while. Never lost power here. Flickered a bit around 4PM, but after that the weather started settling down.

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Glad you're doing well Bri. There is no power 1 block from me but I'm good ;D...maybe 20 flickers but never out. I think they shut the power to that area due to the Bpt station possibly getting flooded.

My cottage might be screwed but I'll find that out tomorrow or Wed. :-\

Be safe everyone!
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Trooper Bri

« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Hope yer cottage was spared Frank. Gonna be close. Can't imagine Mago under water. Going to be some news when the sun comes up.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2012, 02:38 PM »
Pleasantly surprised at Mago today. I was there for sun up and saw minimal damage. Looks like the water had come up a couple of feet  into the lot and there were a few boats knocked off their stands in some neighboring lots but the docks were spared as were the boats that did not pull out...

Here is a video from yesterday afternoon...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.