The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: ND Exploratory Ice Fishing  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Doc_Kraken

• IceShanty Rookie
ND Exploratory Ice Fishing
« on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:34 PM »
This winter I plan on doing some exploratory ice fishing on some of the bigger random sloughs that are around eastern i94. I'll be posting which lakes/sloughs I go to and if I see fish or not. With the dry weather some of my planned spots are a little low, which may make them winter kill with shallower water.

If anyone has fished smaller usually un-named lakes in the Fargo-Jamestown interstate area here is the place to post if fish exist or not. I may protect a honey hole if I find one, but I'll be posting satellite pictures with rough depths and if fish are present. This is just a social thing, so please join in!

Offline Doc_Kraken

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ND Exploratory Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:46 PM »

These are my first targets, between Valley City and Jamestown.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ND Exploratory Ice Fishing
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Doc  the lake on the SE you have marked is called Hobert lake... was real hot a couple years ago for perch, often see people icefishing even boat on it.  The two northern lakes circled Fox and Eckelson have been stocked and also fished.  Here is alink to fish stocking reports for ND that is helpful.  http://gfapps.nd.gov/reports/fisheries/FishStockingSmallWaters.pdf   scroll down to Barnes county!    Best way to find sloughs with good bites is to flying on a nice calm sunny day in late december and see from the air where everyone is fishing... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.