The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Montana forums unread topics (suggestion for mods or site maintenance)  (Read 989 times)

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
I wish the site would do this for each forum with a nice link at the top of the forum so I could see unread by forum rather than all unread. Here are the queries you need to accomplish it:

Montana Forum Unread topics:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=unread;all;board=13.0

Montana Reports and conditions unread topics:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=unread;all;board=172.0

MT Fishing Reports archives unread topics:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=unread;all;board=194.0

and here is the all unread if you have never found that link under your personal messages link at the top right:
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=unread

Mods this should be a simple add since to render the page the php already has to know the board id, it would be nice to have a link to unread on the current forum you are browsing right under the "Show new replies to your posts" link. Do mods have access to the source on the server? If you do it would probably take 15 minutes to add that for at least the Montana forums. I can always do it manually when I visit the site but it would make browsing easier if it was provided for us and would make it available for those who are less familiar with the web and can't type it in manually or save it as a favorite.

While I am putting up suggestions if we could have our links as small images like has already been done on the "myfishfinder" sister site it would take up less page space and be easier to find.

Offline TJet Apprentice45

• Team IceShanty Regular
I agree... this would be a great upgrade and looks pretty straight forward as far as the IT goes. :icefish:
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
That function is already available.  If you enter the site, click on the community button (that takes you to the forums), scroll down to the forum you are interested in, look in front of the forum at the tip up, click on the tip up and it will show you all unread or new posts for that forum.  If the tip up is set, no new posts.  If the tip up is sprung, new posts.  This is one of the things I love about this site!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
Sweet! Learning new stuff everyday :tipup:

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
That function is already available.  If you enter the site, click on the community button (that takes you to the forums), scroll down to the forum you are interested in, look in front of the forum at the tip up, click on the tip up and it will show you all unread or new posts for that forum.  If the tip up is set, no new posts.  If the tip up is sprung, new posts.  This is one of the things I love about this site!

Jay

Yes, but it isn't available in the forum itself, I have to scroll down past all the other forums and click on the Montana one's tipup, if it was in the forum too I can bookmark/favorite the forums that are my favorites and go right to them and click on "unread". It is a small thing but it would make navigation quicker for me. Maybe it isn't something others want? It would also be nice if they re-used the tipup icon idea instead of using text to describe links, icons with hover text are easier for people to navigate, especially if they already know what that icon means.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
I do not forsee any changes in the near future. the software was just updated less than a year ago.your idea has it's place but not here and not now.contact Scott(aka) Iceshanty and you will hear the same explaination. thanks for your time.

HIMO
                                                                                                                          Iceshanty & MFF Global Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
Thanks for the reply HIMO. Have a good season!
So many fish, so little time.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
I think that this place is great and that everyone involved in the site does a great job and it's probably my most favorite site.

Two thumbs up!! 
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
I think that this place is great and that everyone involved in the site does a great job and it's probably my most favorite site.

Two thumbs up!! 

I completely agree, this site has been really helpful to me.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
glad you guys approve of the site. if you have any problems and I can help,just send me a PM.

HIMO
                                                                                                       Iceshanty & MFF Global Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.