The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: East Fork (Lewistown) Perch Derby?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
East Fork (Lewistown) Perch Derby?
« on: Sep 28, 2012, 09:19 AM »
So I've been taking weekly trips up to East Fork to watch the progress on the work and status of the waterline.  The water is only a few feet deep right now.  I took a couple pics that I'll post when I'm at home but it's pretty low.  I looked at the Proposed Fishing Derbies last night and saw East Fork was again on the list.  I also heard rumors that they planned on stocking it with rainbows and not warm water fish...still just rumors as I haven't bothered to look into further.

So I guess...Are they seriously going to try to have a Perch Derby on a lake that was all but dry a couple weeks ago?    ???

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: East Fork (Lewistown) Perch Derby?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:38 PM »
The sun was pretty rough on the pics but here's the view of East Fork on Sept 27, 2012

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:42 PM »
I talked to Dave 2 days ago...sounds like they are moving it to Ft. Peck...FWP wants to plant TROUT!!! Once they do get it filled up...I am thinking...no derby this year.
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2012, 12:46 AM »
That sucks. My boy loved that place. It was a great lake for kids to catch tons of tasty fish.  Montana has way to many trout lakes need a few more perch lakes

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2012, 06:35 PM »
That sucks. My boy loved that place. It was a great lake for kids to catch tons of tasty fish.  Montana has way to many trout lakes need a few more perch lakes

Agreed

Offline mt.redneck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2012, 07:18 PM »

agreed, I can't figure out fwp's obsession with stocked trout? but I've seen them wreck a good wild trout lake when they started stocking it with stocker rainbows  >:(
safe ice, tight lines and god bless!

Offline pike_fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2012, 11:36 PM »
The perch will be back.  Its like one of the guys at Don's said the last time I talked to him, it will only be about two days before there are pike and perch back in the lake!!!!
Fishing, the best stress management seminar for the money!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.