Author Topic: Scheels and Cabelas  (Read 7609 times)

Offline GrabLifeByTheGills

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Scheels and Cabelas
« Reply #60 on: Oct 31, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Spikes I wanted the frabill adventurer becaus I was Geting a $150 gift card and with my discount I'd be paying around $8 out of my pocket but that fell through so I got a clam jr from a buddy

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Nov 02, 2012, 08:54 AM »
I have a class this weekend in Omaha so I am hoping that someone has a pro out and some others to compare so I can this over with and start making my renovations before season.   

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Spikes cabelas has the clam kanali and the Jason Mitchell on display

Offline Slimdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Nov 02, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Headed to Cabela’s in Kearney again yesterday at break.  They have the majority of their combos and rods out now.  More of a selection than I anticipated.  I was surprised to see the 3 combos from 13 Fishing on the pegs.  I was disappointed to see they didn’t have many Frabill combos.

BUYER BEWARE @ Cabela’s in Kearney:  I looked at 7-10 different combos from different manufacturers and not a single one had had straight guides/blanks.   All of the combos & rods are hanging from pegs.  My brilliant deductive reasoning  :P is leading me to believe that the tweaked guides/blanks are caused by the weight of the reels.  Or it could just be a coincidence.  The rods without reels are hanging also.  The ones I checked out looked good to me.

Also if anyone is looking to pick up a Clam Dave Gentz Spooler reel, there are already a couple of defective combos in the Bargain Cave for $24.00.  Don’t know if the rods can be salvaged or not.  What was the defect you ask?  Yep.  Tweaked guides/blanks.  On the tag it says: “ guides not straight”.

GrabLifeByTheGills, are you guys hanging rods at La Vista also? 

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Nov 02, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Slimdog we have all our rods in racks on top of the gondolas I tryed to check all the rods out before I put them on the floor did find some broken rods I think the only rods we have on peg are a St.croix rod that comes in a tube to be hung

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Nov 06, 2012, 07:36 AM »
I recently visited both scheels and cabelas and was pretty disappointed.   I understand that scheels inventory is less because of last year and that is understandable but I went to Cabelas during the game (break from class) and I couldn't get any service and when I asked about some items all I received was I don't think so and didn't check.   They just stayed over in the corner of fishing BS the three of them.   Not very impressed with service there and in addition I was buying a new grinder and mixer there I asked three associates for help and they said they would get someone for that area and waited for about 30 minutes and bought my items and left.   I think that I will stick with Scheels from now on.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Dec 24, 2012, 06:42 AM »
When they start running the sales to make room for the spring

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Dec 24, 2012, 07:29 AM »
Lincoln Scheels already has some stuff marked down.  Saved some money on a new auger for my old man for xmas.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Dec 25, 2012, 12:01 AM »
any one man flips or new clam hubs

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Dec 25, 2012, 08:58 AM »
All marked down if I remember right, just call up and ask first if you have to travel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Dec 25, 2012, 10:51 AM »
 Scheels in Omaha had a fire in there fishing department so... They might have some smoking hot deals

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Dec 25, 2012, 11:34 AM »
What happened?   How much damage was there?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Dec 25, 2012, 02:26 PM »
Not sure but there fishing department is gone

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.