Author Topic: Scheels and Cabelas  (Read 7608 times)

Offline dubnation25

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Scheels and Cabelas
« Reply #30 on: Sep 28, 2012, 04:26 PM »
I hope cabelas in prairie Du chein does because I'm going tonight

Offline Slimdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Oct 18, 2012, 08:59 PM »
Just an FYI, Cabelas in Kearney has some stuff out. Pretty much everything but combos, rods & shelters.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #32 on: Oct 18, 2012, 09:22 PM »
Dug threw the clearance box at Scheel's/Lincoln and got some good buys on some Tungsten jigs, was able to pass the word to MA Machine and he met me there, and cashed in on the goodies too.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline swoab47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Oct 18, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Dug threw the clearance box at Scheel's/Lincoln and got some good buys on some Tungsten jigs, was able to pass the word to MA Machine and he met me there, and cashed in on the goodies too.

I was there this week too.  There was some really good stuff in the bargain bin.  Tungsten jigs, Northland jigging spoons, some other Northland jigs with plastic tails, and some good deals on line also. 

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #34 on: Oct 18, 2012, 09:32 PM »
the skandia jigs at $0.99 were a good buy...I got a few last week  ;D did you pic out the rest? I got some line too and other jigs also
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:23 PM »
When will they be getting single sleds in.   I am looking to get one since new to area and my big explorer can be a workout in the snow

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Oct 19, 2012, 09:07 PM »
the skandia jigs at $0.99 were a good buy...I got a few last week  ;D did you pic out the rest? I got some line too and other jigs also

Just about bought all the rest of them and some others too.

Offline GrabLifeByTheGills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Oct 19, 2012, 10:45 PM »
Spikes cabelas has the clam kinali, Jason Mitchell thermal pro, and the shappell 100 and rover 1.5 as far as one man shacks

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #38 on: Oct 19, 2012, 11:03 PM »
Just about bought all the rest of them and some others too.
Did you like how the line was all on one side lol I took every single item out of those tubes and sorted what I really wanted...grabbed a few of everything I liked left the rest for other ice addicts  ;D

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #39 on: Oct 19, 2012, 11:17 PM »
Cabelas in LaVista has ice jigs in I found a entire cart of them back in the warehouse tonight
Hey gills you got little atom plastic in? Or maki idk that one tho

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Oct 20, 2012, 07:53 AM »
Yes we have the atom plastics not sure of the other

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Oct 27, 2012, 07:45 AM »
I was at Scheels this past week and found some good deals in the bargain bins.   Found a couple of tungsten lures that others missed, but disappointed in the selection of both omaha and lincoln.   Talk to employee and he told me that they ordered less this year because of sales last year. 

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Oct 28, 2012, 09:53 AM »
Cabelas LaVista had one man Jason Mithchell trap out.  It looks pretty good.  Scheels Lincoln has the Clam Kenai which I have had.  It's light for the moving fisherman which I am.  High winds last year beat it up.  So I'm looking for something that may hold up better this year.  Otters have caught my eye, but haven't found one on display to actually give it a good lookover.  The one man otter is heavier that the Clam so the construction must be a little different.  As far as little atom plastics.  Cabelas has them in limited fashion this year.  More than last year so they obviously sold some.  I would suggest getting them from Your Bobbers Down.com for better selection.  I made the jump to plastics a couple years ago.  It takes a good selection to do it consistently.  Cabelas has orange and hot pink and eyecatchers.  If you want to make plastics a habit you will need some of the more boring natural colors as well for the days a fish doesn't feel like eating neon pink.
Where's the ice

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Oct 28, 2012, 10:29 AM »
I know the Scheels stores were sitting on a lot of inventory from last year so this years orders were minimal.  If we have a good ice season unlike last year that would drive sales and allow them to take more of a risk on next years orders. 
Like eastwest said, hit the internet.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Oct 28, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Getting on the plastics subject has anyone noticed big difference between plastic and real waxworms for results?

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Oct 28, 2012, 07:53 PM »
I am going to be in Omaha for Thanksgiving.   Not to exited about the rush, but I am still torn about what to get for a one man shack.   Between Cabelas, Scheels, and Bass Pro I hope that I can see a Clam, Frabill, Otter, and Shappell.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Oct 28, 2012, 07:58 PM »
I was at Scheels this past week and found some good deals in the bargain bins.   Found a couple of tungsten lures that others missed, but disappointed in the selection of both omaha and lincoln.   Talk to employee and he told me that they ordered less this year because of sales last year.

That's because MA Machine and myself pretty much cleaned the bargain box of the Tungsten jigs, sorry.

Offline Spark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Oct 28, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Scheels inventory in Lincoln is a joke, was there Friday and was sadly disappointed  :'(  Sounds like I need to venture to Omaha one of these days. 

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #48 on: Oct 28, 2012, 08:20 PM »
That's because MA Machine and myself pretty much cleaned the bargain box of the Tungsten jigs, sorry.
that's even after I went through it before you guys  ;D I went and by luck it was the day they put it out..grabbed a few of each tungsten and grabbed what schucks lures I seen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Oct 28, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Spikes cabelas has 2 clams the kinali and the Jason Mitchell they also have the shapelle 100 and rover 1.5 hope to see you there

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Oct 28, 2012, 09:55 PM »
Gills what would you be recommend for a one man shack?   Looked at the shappell and liked the price but not sure on the bench in the rover.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Oct 29, 2012, 08:59 AM »
I like the clam kinali and the Jason Mitchel as far as man flip overs the shapelle is only 300 dineir the clam is 450?  The mitchel is thermal with the 12v lighting kit included so it depends what you wanna spend I would also check out the clam nanook it's a 2man but for a guy my size it's more of a one man

Offline CARTMATT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:01 AM »
Scheels inventory in Lincoln is a joke, was there Friday and was sadly disappointed  :'(  Sounds like I need to venture to Omaha one of these days.

Lincoln is minimal, Omaha is good, Jordan creek in Des Moines is phenomenal!

Offline MA Machine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:10 AM »
I bought about $70.00 North of Northland Live Forage/FishFry/Moxie Minnows at Lincoln Scheels the other day so the inventory is really wiped out.  Hank wiped out the Tungsten.  They still had some decent deals.    I think the 1/4 ounce Moxie Minnows/fluter spoons and Fish Fry Baldes will kick butt on walleye in Canada in March ;D

Right now I am having good success on vertical jigging the 2" Moxie Minnow and Ripping the Fish Fry Minnow Blade for crappie and bass.  Good thing they were clearance lures!  Broke off twice on big bass and lost 3 on snags.  Potential $23.00 retail loss= $10.00 clearance loss for the week. :clap:

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:25 AM »
I bought about $70.00 North of Northland Live Forage/FishFry/Moxie Minnows at Lincoln Scheels the other day so the inventory is really wiped out.  Hank wiped out the Tungsten.  They still had some decent deals.    I think the 1/4 ounce Moxie Minnows/fluter spoons and Fish Fry Baldes will kick butt on walleye in Canada in March ;D

Right now I am having good success on vertical jigging the 2" Moxie Minnow and Ripping the Fish Fry Minnow Blade for crappie and bass.  Good thing they were clearance lures!  Broke off twice on big bass and lost 3 on snags.  Potential $23.00 retail loss= $10.00 clearance loss for the week. :clap:

Are you just drifting and ripping off bottom? I haven't been out much as of late but I'm looking to head out Friday hopefully. It's supposed to be a bit nicer.
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline MA Machine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Are you just drifting and ripping off bottom? I haven't been out much as of late but I'm looking to head out Friday hopefully. It's supposed to be a bit nicer.

Yes I was drifting .6 MPH or less ripping the bottom.  Hit the bottom, rip 6" , flutter to the bottom and rip again.   The crappie and bass seems to be in the 10-13 foot of water.  I also caught several cats while doing this.   It wasn't on fire but worked better than casting or deadstick drifting jigs.  Besides that it's fun! 

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Gills, I looked at the nanook and didn't like the low profile and I know a couple people that have them and don't like them that much.   The weight is more than I wanted.   The only down fall that I have with the one man is the heigth.   Being 6'1" not much room.   I have the explorer and its more of a three man sled but love the room on my own but is a lot of work in the snow to pull out on my own.   I really like the clam pro size.   The otter looks great but a lot of $$$.   Cabelas gonna get any pro's

Offline efrey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Oct 29, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Spikes, stay away from the kenali if you dont like the room in the nanook i had a kenali for a year and despised it, i am 6'4" and there was no room for me and gear went with a nanook and modified it to only use one seat in the middle and is very comfortable! Just my 2 cents

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Oct 29, 2012, 11:53 PM »
Spikes I'll see if I can get a pro if you want but I don't know if we are geting them for sure or not. I was going withe the frabill adventurer but I'm not geting a gift card from cabelas now so I'm lucky a buddy gave me a clam jr  now I just need my little buddy heater to come in and I'll be fishing in shorts and a t-shirt

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Oct 31, 2012, 04:06 PM »
Gills what made you want the Frabill?   I looked at the Nanook and modify for a single person to have more space but the short side is really keeping me away.   A friend has one and hates it.  My only concerns that I have fished out of the explorer pretty much a three person and enjoy the room but it is a pain in the snow. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.