Author Topic: bait tank help  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Bigfish713

• IceShanty Rookie
bait tank help
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:16 PM »
Starting to put a tank together need some advise.  I have a 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tank already need advise on filter.  Local garden pond store said i could use a 200 gph pump with what looked like a 2 gallon bucket you put pump inside with some green stiff mesh on top and what looked like furnace filter material on bottom.  Will this work. Pump was a magnetic drive pond master brand i think.  And help would be great thanks.

surflizard

Re: bait tank help
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:24 PM »
Welcome to the shanty Bigfish, glad to have ya aboard ! Click on the community page and scroll down to the live bait thread. There is a huge cache of info on building tanks, trapping and tips and tricks to maintain your tank, water and bait ! Feel free to ask questions in there and someone will have the info or know where to get it, Good luck !

Surf

FRESHBAIT

Re: bait tank help
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Did the filter look like this?

I tried the above filter on my setup last year and scraped it imediately, just b/c the pump that was supplied with it i felt pumped to much water and caused it to basically pressurize and then the lid would leak, as it was a screw on.  I just built a bigger filter using the same basic principal and it worked out much better for me.

Here is a sketch I did of a bait tank setup that should be simple enough for anyone to follow.   if you have any question give me a shout

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.