The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Salmon/Seeley Ice  (Read 566 times)

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
Salmon/Seeley Ice
« on: Apr 02, 2012, 12:30 AM »
Salmon and Seeley are still pretty muched iced over, but the edges are just about gone.  Don't think I would chance getting out there.  Ice is pretty rotten and really white.  Nothing clear anymore.  Fished the outlet of Seeley in my drift boat for Pike.  The outlet is the only open water.  Slid the boat in on the upstream side of the bridge and fished the whole outlet area.  One chaser and nothing else.  Still a few icebergs floating around.  Seeing the lake still frozen makes me want to punch holes, but think I'm giving it up for the year.

Offline wolf777

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Salmon/Seeley Ice
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2012, 02:58 AM »
Sage,
  Are you going to be making any trips up to Salmon/Seeley in the next couple months at all for open water?  I'll be up there a few weekends here and there visiting my gf, over the next couple months, and usually have Mondays and Tuesdays with nothing to do but fish if you need somebody to row for you.  I'd like a little education on fly fishing for pike/bass on those lakes(gear, flies and tactics), if you're willing and able. The ice fishing was a lot of fun up there this year.  Never iced a pike, but did catch a bunch of perch.

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
Re: Salmon/Seeley Ice
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2012, 01:16 AM »
Planning on making it up a few more times this spring.  Love chasing Pike with the fly.  All about the strike.  I usually work all week, but if I get a Mon/Tues off, I'll let you know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.