Author Topic: Wooden Stove  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Mitch

• IceShanty Rookie
Wooden Stove
« on: Mar 21, 2012, 07:28 PM »
Check out this camp stove I came up with

surflizard

Re: Wooden Stove
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2012, 07:23 AM »
Very clever idea Mitch, Well done ! I'm guessing that the log will burn overnite easily won't it ? I like the looks of the split log stove also !

Offline jk700eficat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2012, 09:58 AM »
pretty slick there mitch! will have it try that, seen the norwegian fire block, but can see this works ALOT better....

Offline Mitch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2012, 07:27 PM »
 I don't think it would burn overnight. I'm confident it would make an hour or two. The size of the log would be a big factor. To be honest I haven't burned one to the end yet. I've just been burning for meals and the video and extinguishing it. The idea is still only a couple weeks old, and with work, cows and... well you know. Cooks fish good though so I hope nobody minds my posting on this site. It would just be too cool to bump into somebody using one at the lake sometime.
 By the way, do you guys hang out here in the summer too,  or do you go another site.

Offline jk700eficat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2012, 08:32 PM »
I don't think it would burn overnight. I'm confident it would make an hour or two. The size of the log would be a big factor. To be honest I haven't burned one to the end yet. I've just been burning for meals and the video and extinguishing it. The idea is still only a couple weeks old, and with work, cows and... well you know. Cooks fish good though so I hope nobody minds my posting on this site. It would just be too cool to bump into somebody using one at the lake sometime.
 By the way, do you guys hang out here in the summer too,  or do you go another site.

i tried it today, they have been burning a couple hours now, i am planning on going to tobin tomorrow and have one made up do cook our moose sausage for lunch...will let you know how it works... :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.