Author Topic: Lx7  (Read 8148 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
Lx7
« on: Mar 09, 2012, 03:38 PM »
 Well I got the new Marcum LX 7 yesterday. WOW this thing is awesome! It is very easy to use and to have three different modes(flasher,vertical,chart) is like haveing three units in one. Now I just need to figure out away to mount it in my new Kayak so I can use it year round.
 Matt

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Lx7
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2012, 03:43 PM »
great  deal
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Patiently waiting for my new LX-7 to arrive  ....
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2012, 08:05 PM »
Hey Surf have you figured out how you are going to mount yours yet? Did you get a manual with your LX 7? I didn't. Seems kind of strange but they are pretty easy to operate. I going to get my new kayak tomorrow so I'm on a holding pattern to see for sure where and how I am going to mount mine.
 Matt

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2012, 09:21 PM »
Hey Surf have you figured out how you are going to mount yours yet? Did you get a manual with your LX 7? I didn't. Seems kind of strange but they are pretty easy to operate. I going to get my new kayak tomorrow so I'm on a holding pattern to see for sure where and how I am going to mount mine.
 Matt

The manual is available on the web site.  ;)

http://www.marcumtech.com/Portals/1/Downloads/LX-7_Users_Guide.pdf

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2012, 12:08 AM »
thanks Drifter! I just printed it out.  Didn't I send you some rubber molding for the metal brackets on your Trekker? Maybe it was another guy on here. Oh well thanks again.
  Matt

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2012, 08:16 AM »
 Hey Surf thats what I was thinking. But how r you thinking of secureing the transducer? I was thinking about an Aluminum arm off the side of the yak. then making a bracket to hold the transducer so it won't move and point down. I need to print mine out so that way I can figure out every to set my oing rate when I'm in the kayak. I have a lot of ponds I ice fish that I can't wait to go over them in chart mode to see how the bottom is laid out. There is supposed to be big rock piles in this one lake but we have never been able to find them. Well if they are there I will find them!
 Matt

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2012, 10:29 AM »
When you are paddling around upside down  :o is the LX 7 water proof?

Surf:  if postal tracking is correct my unit is sitting in Customs waiting for clearance.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

surflizard

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2012, 11:10 AM »
I stay off the big water around here after May 1st, too dangerous for a Kayak with all the flatlanders bombing around ! I've only rolled her once, I was chasing Striped bass in the ocean and got caught in some breakers, the Heritage yaks are really stable !
  It won't be long for you now, I spent the first day with it in simulation mode and reading the instructions that I downloaded from the Marcum site and it was a tremendous help in learning all the different screen configurations and finding out which ones worked best for me !

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2012, 07:59 PM »
thanks Drifter! I just printed it out.  Didn't I send you some rubber molding for the metal brackets on your Trekker? Maybe it was another guy on here. Oh well thanks again.
  Matt

Yep, you sure did.  ;)
Thanks again.. ;D

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2012, 06:09 AM »
 I thought so. I'm glad to hear they worked for you. I sold my Trekker last year. I kind of miss it but with the way the ice was or maybe I should say lack of ice, it would  not of got much use this year.
 Matt

Yep, you sure did.  ;)
Thanks again.. ;D

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2012, 08:41 AM »
Drifter,

Thanks for posting the link to the manual.  Made some good reading last night.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

surflizard

« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:24 AM »
Umm, hey Dave, are you thinking about adding a 7 to your arsenal too ?  :whistle:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Umm, hey Dave, are you thinking about adding a 7 to your arsenal too ?  :whistle:

Not at this point Tony.
I downloaded the manual as soon as it was posted to check out the features though.  ;)
I need a new finder on my boat and an HDS-10 with structure scan is first on the list.  :D

surflizard

« Reply #14 on: Mar 11, 2012, 01:23 PM »
So many Gadgets and so little time ! ;)2 :roflmao:

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2012, 01:01 PM »
Finally the LX 7 has arrived.  How can you tell if it has the newest software?

Stay safe  ....    Tom

surflizard

« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2012, 01:10 PM »
Congrats WT, click on menu and scroll over to system setting on the right hand side, click menu once. A box will appear in the bottom lefthand corner, if it is updated, it will say v 2.9 ! If not, you can get the upgrade on the marcum site, it is really easy and stright forward in the upgrade video !

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Surf,

The unit was not upgraded.  Only took a couple of minutes to complete the upgrade  .....   thanks.
I am like a kid at Christmas waiting for tomorrow to try the unit out.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

surflizard

« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Have you run it in simulation mode yet, thats a great way to get used to everything before you hit the ice with it ! Good luck with it WT and let us know what your favorite sonar mode is ? I run the vertical with the vertical zoom and the chart, it really helped me find out which jigging pattern works best for me !

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Had a great day on the ice, +7C.   Caught 4 and had a number of bites.

The LX 7 worked great.   It is showing a bunch of lines around the 50 - 60 ft mark when in 152 ft. of water.
Does this tell me the update to 2.9 did not work?

Stay safe  ....    Tom

surflizard

« Reply #20 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:18 PM »
Wow, those are some FAT Lakers !! It looks and sounds like it is working just fine !  :icefish: Do you have tullibies or ciscos in that lake, or it can be suspended lakers or some other species ?

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Surf'

The marks were there all day.   It is a wide band of perhaps 20 small lines.
They are only in the way when reeling up, trying to get the trout to follow the hook.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:05 PM »
Just reloaded the software.  Will see tomorrow in shallow water how it works. 

Wont be back to Cold Lake until Monday.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Mar 17, 2012, 01:18 PM »
Used the LX 7 on perch in 9 ft. of water.   Awesome ........
I was really able to work the bottom 2 ft.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

surflizard

« Reply #24 on: Mar 17, 2012, 03:45 PM »
Glad to hear its working good for ya, Its a whole new ballgame now ain't it ? :icefish:

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 17, 2012, 05:30 PM »
I have been mostly watching the "Zoom Window" .  Do any of you rely / watch the graph?
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Homewrecker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Hi walleye Tom
Was out Jan 5 2013 on cold lake for the first time with the Lx7....  Thats a funny lake for sonars.  First day it works good then the second day it gets  what i call  echoes.   About 1/2 - 3/4  ways up the screen it will show  many lines ,might be the bottom echoing up ,i don't know why just can not get red of it. .   
It is a very powerfull  unit , when i pull my hook up around 20 ft area i can see the knot  where i tied the flourcarbon line to my bradded line.
Homewrecker (Boats Name)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:43 PM »
I have been mostly watching the "Zoom Window" .  Do any of you rely / watch the graph?
Tom, I use the graph,vert. and zoom all the time. The graph is nice if you are multitasking with tip ups, kids or taking a nap. I have pulled many a fish through the pearly gates because I saw them in the "history" on the graph. :angel

Offline bigbuckmiddaugh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 09, 2013, 02:32 PM »
i use graph, full vertical and zoom...i use the graph to show size of fish going thru...big solid red line...of F..., might loose my jig (pike in my neighborhood)

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Jan 09, 2013, 04:56 PM »
H.W.

I have been fishing in 95 ft. of water and 140 ft. the last two days.  I get those lines.  Thought it might be ice on the braided line.  Not sure because when I pull the line in they are still there.  I just disregard them.
I zoom the bottom 20 ft.  If I get a trout that chases I watch the flasher.   Great fun to watch them chase the hook 40 - 50 ft. and hope to get a bite.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.