Author Topic: Questions / Comments  (Read 15793 times)

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Questions / Comments
« on: Mar 06, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Post any rules questions or general comments here.  ;D

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Questions / Comments
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Okay call me STUPID but when you say yellow push pull rule are you talking about a carpenters tape measure?  Can you provide and example of the yellow push pull rule??  Maybe a stupid question but have to ask... ;D ;D

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Questions / Comments
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2012, 07:18 AM »
Okay call me STUPID but when you say yellow push pull rule are you talking about a carpenters tape measure?  Can you provide and example of the yellow push pull rule??  Maybe a stupid question but have to ask... ;D ;D
Yes, any brand of the yellow carpenters tape measure is fine. The bigger the better.  :)

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Are "short" entries only accepted if they meet state minimum size limits?

Example: The size limit for walleye is 14", so the smallest fish allowed to be entered for the "short" category is 14" in that species?

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2012, 07:21 PM »
Are "short" entries only accepted if they meet state minimum size limits?

Example: The size limit for walleye is 14", so the smallest fish allowed to be entered for the "short" category is 14" in that species?
All local and State laws must be followed.

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:21 PM »
All local and State laws must be followed.

Yeah, but if I dont keep the fish, Im still following state and local laws as long as I throw it back provided I was in shallow water and took the pics very quickly and got it back in the water. Sorry if Im being difficult, I just wanted to clarify that. Ill assume that we dont want to promote taking pictures of non legal size fish and keep them out of the water too long...

Example: Lake X has a minimum LM bass size limit of 20" that trumps state minimum size limit of 14". A 20" bass for me would be worthy of a quick pic and entry into short fish category. Even though this is not a legal fish to keep, Id still snap a pic of a 20" bass thats pushing 5lbs and throw it back.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2012, 04:04 PM »
Yeah, but if I dont keep the fish, Im still following state and local laws as long as I throw it back provided I was in shallow water and took the pics very quickly and got it back in the water. Sorry if Im being difficult, I just wanted to clarify that. Ill assume that we dont want to promote taking pictures of non legal size fish and keep them out of the water too long...

Example: Lake X has a minimum LM bass size limit of 20" that trumps state minimum size limit of 14". A 20" bass for me would be worthy of a quick pic and entry into short fish category. Even though this is not a legal fish to keep, Id still snap a pic of a 20" bass thats pushing 5lbs and throw it back.
I'm saying you must follow all laws for the body of water your fishing on. To be honest, I have no way of keeping up with every states laws or would I even know what lake your on anyway.

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2012, 10:40 AM »
Tiny just wanted to say Thanks from the state of WYO. We appreciate you doing it in honor of LT a great guy from what i know. Have some fun out there first one back down the hole for LT.  Thanks again

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Would I sign up my son (8) as a seperate entrant or would he just be under mine?

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2012, 05:16 PM »
Would I sign up my son (8) as a seperate entrant or would he just be under mine?
He needs to register with his own user name and the sign up on the sign up page. :)

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2012, 08:27 PM »
where do I get the card? just wondering
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2012, 08:28 PM »
where do I get the card? just wondering
It will be posted on Dec 31st, around 8pm.

Offline pokey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2012, 01:21 PM »
ok for the age thing for the sign up. Do you want my current age upon signing up or the age i will be come the tourny. Cause I turn 27 on the 21st

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2012, 01:55 PM »
Is there any chance you could post some past/ sample photos that would be proper entries? Just so everyone knows what needs to be included.

Not to sound stupid, but it's my first time in the online tournament, and I'm just trying to make sure all the first timers understand everything.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Is there any chance you could post some past/ sample photos that would be proper entries? Just so everyone knows what needs to be included.

Not to sound stupid, but it's my first time in the online tournament, and I'm just trying to make sure all the first timers understand everything.
The top 2 pics are what is required and the bottom 2 are what not to do.

The NONO entry's
The fish on a dock and on the tape measure.

No card
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2012, 02:16 PM »
The top 2 pics are what is required and the bottom 2 are what not to do.

(Image removed from quote.)
 The NONO entry's
The fish on a dock and on the tape measure.
No card(Image removed from quote.)

Ok gotcha, thanks alot!
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2012, 03:29 PM »
ok for the age thing for the sign up. Do you want my current age upon signing up or the age i will be come the tourny. Cause I turn 27 on the 21st
Either is fine, only time it would make a big difference is with a youth, who needs to be 12 or younger on Jan. 1st.

Thanks for posting the sample pics NYSporty. Also, if your upload size to photo bucket is 600x800, it is perfect size for the forum pages.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2012, 08:40 PM »
Either is fine, only time it would make a big difference is with a youth, who needs to be 12 or younger on Jan. 1st.

Thanks for posting the sample pics NYSporty. Also, if your upload size to photo bucket is 600x800, it is perfect size for the forum pages.

I try to re size when I can but most of my IS time is at work and the stupid surf controll won't let me edit on photbucket :%$#!:
I'm working on a higher level of controll.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2012, 08:56 PM »
I try to re size when I can but most of my IS time is at work and the stupid surf controll won't let me edit on photbucket :%$#!:
I'm working on a higher level of controll.
That wasn't meant just for you btw...lol

No need to resize your pics, just change the size you upload. After you click the green upload button, click on "Customize your upload options" and change it to 800x600 and make sure you click save. :)

Offline scotthey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 06, 2012, 11:25 AM »
So lets say I caught a Bass in Michigan on January 1st that was 20".

Because Michigan's Bass season is closed then, would I not be able to submit the picture?

Thanks!
You never know how strong you are until strong is the only option you have.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2012, 12:07 PM »
So lets say I caught a Bass in Michigan on January 1st that was 20".

Because Michigan's Bass season is closed then, would I not be able to submit the picture?

Thanks!
Was it caught legally? Is it legal to take a picture before you release it?
It need to be legally caught, period. If it's illegal to catch a Bass in MI, then you couldn't post it as an entry.

Offline scotthey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2012, 02:25 PM »
Thank you for the clarification on that.

It would be legal to catch and release just not to keep. So a picture would be fine.

You never know how strong you are until strong is the only option you have.

Offline Jig4M

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 06, 2012, 05:18 PM »
I just tried a test pic of 600x800 and that does seem to be the perfect size but howcome the etiquette board reccommends no more than 400?
:icefish:

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Dec 06, 2012, 05:28 PM »
I just tried a test pic of 600x800 and that does seem to be the perfect size but howcome the etiquette board reccommends no more than 400?
No idea.

Offline JJZFlash

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • sun rise at the bait shop
« Reply #24 on: Dec 09, 2012, 09:10 AM »
auggie it says at       least         450 pixals

Offline gillz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 29, 2012, 02:03 PM »
are we allowed to use digital copy's? example smart phone if it is legable, or just paper copy's?
live to fish or fish to live... i choose the first

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Dec 29, 2012, 08:55 PM »
are we allowed to use digital copy's? example smart phone if it is legable, or just paper copy's?
3) You must print a copy of the TI 2013 card which will be available on the night of 12-31-12

Offline fishin_crazy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:20 PM »
Hey TinyTim how do we get any prizes that we may win? This is the first year I will be involved in the tourney and am looking forward to take part. So being from Saskatchewan how would we get them? Thanks again... Keep those lins tight!!  :)
A Bad Day Of Fishing Is Still Better Than A Good Day Of Working!!

Offline fishin_crazy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:30 PM »
Sorry just another question just to make sure. If I enter the first week and it's not a trophy, but it's good enough for the weekly draw, do I have to post any other catches I may get? Ex. being if I get a 30" walleye that will get in on the weekly draws then the next week I get a 14" perch? Do I enter again for differ species or are they all the same? Sorry I know you must be busy just wanna get it clear and help you out as much as possible! Thanks Again.
A Bad Day Of Fishing Is Still Better Than A Good Day Of Working!!

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2012, 05:16 AM »
Hey TinyTim how do we get any prizes that we may win? This is the first year I will be involved in the tourney and am looking forward to take part. So being from Saskatchewan how would we get them? Thanks again... Keep those lins tight!!  :)
Some prizes are shipped by Iceshanty and some are shipped by the sponsors.

Sorry just another question just to make sure. If I enter the first week and it's not a trophy, but it's good enough for the weekly draw, do I have to post any other catches I may get? Ex. being if I get a 30" walleye that will get in on the weekly draws then the next week I get a 14" perch? Do I enter again for differ species or are they all the same? Sorry I know you must be busy just wanna get it clear and help you out as much as possible! Thanks Again.
The "short" category to post any entries that do not challenge the leaders board.
By doing this I won't have to check measurements and it allows signed up members to be eligible for prizes in the weekly drawings.
Once you post an entry in either the short category or in the main categories your eligible for the drawings.
Your screen name will only go in once no matter how many entries you post and if your name is drawn you are then out of the drawings.

If you have a catch that will challenge the leaders board, post it under that species thread. You can be on more then one species leaders board.
Any entries that do not challenge the leaders board should be posted in the "short" area. You only need to post here if you haven't posted in a species thread(s). Posting more then once in the "short" area does not increase your chances in the weekly drawings, so once you've posted there, you only need to post entries that will challenge the leaders board(s).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.