Author Topic: Porcupine Reservoir 3-5-12  (Read 2075 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Porcupine Reservoir 3-5-12
« on: Mar 06, 2012, 08:49 AM »
Took my boat up to lee's marine to have some work done and decided to go by the pig to see if some kokes wanted to play. Got on the ice about 2pm. Edges where still in good shape and the slush was ony a couple inches mainly from the last snow storm. Ice was about 10-12in. Fished the cliffs by the spillway and was in 96fow. Was marking fish right away coming thru at 20-30ft and 45-50ft. Could only manage a nudge here and there as they were just not that hungry apparently. I was jigging my pk flutterfish in about 60ft when i hooked up and had some drag screaming, was only able to get the fish to around 30ft and it came off  :'(  After about 2hrs of not getting anything else decided to drill some more holes alittle closer to the cliffs and do some jigging. In the second hole i hooked up to what i thought was a rock and was really thinking i was gonna loose my pk, then the snagg started to move and not a fighting move just dead weight. As i was bringing this dead weight up i thought i had a branch or something of the sort and to my suprise i hooked someones boxers  :roflmao: definatly a 1st for me. So no fish this trip but the kokes are moving up there. Heres a pic of my box fish. lol tightlines

I guess them PK's will catch about anything
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
Re: Porcupine Reservoir 3-5-12
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2012, 05:22 AM »
Nice catch there,guess it`s still better than a skunk.. Did ya catch the guys name written on the tag????

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Porcupine Reservoir 3-5-12
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2012, 12:24 PM »
Nice catch there,guess it`s still better than a skunk.. Did ya catch the guys name written on the tag????

It was all i could do to get it off the hook with minimal touching. No name seen LOL . Even though they had been swimming for awhile the mud on them sure wasnt helping the situation  ;D atleast i think it was mud  ???
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.