The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: is it true  (Read 2002 times)

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
is it true
« on: Mar 05, 2012, 09:04 AM »
 :( is it true that second place team pitched a ***** about first place team aaron and his partner substituting there wife the second day and had them disqualified if so why didn't they say something while they received there check was it because no one clapped or cheered for them when there name was called for second place if it is true does all the teams have to give there checks back and get bumped up a place good luck with this one perch assault  I'm sorry if its true
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those big winter females
Re: is it true
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2012, 11:25 AM »
I hope this is not true.  Especially considering who was in second place.  Don't know the circumstances of why they had to switch partners, but they talked to tournament officials before it started, and that should be good enough.  As for me having my money invested in this perch assault I support the decision made by Mike and the board on the decision to let his wife substitue for his partner.   Some people need to relax, and understand they got beat.

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2012, 06:59 PM »
Thought the cheering and non cheering spoke alot on how most feel on the issue of the weekend, and thats crap if they got DQed.

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2012, 08:16 PM »
so word has it they get to keep the first place win as it should be in my opinion congrats to aaron and his partner who i cant remember his name 'sorry' good job  guys and gal  ;D  also i would like to say whoever it was that pitched  the b***h about this let it go they won fare and square watter under the bridge  'be safe out there' and good fishing
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2012, 08:17 PM »
so word has it they get to keep the first place win as it should be in my opinion congrats to aaron and his partner who i cant remember his name 'sorry' good job  guys and gal  ;D  also i would like to say whoever it was that pitched  the b***h about this let it go they won fare and square watter under the bridge  'be safe out there' and good fishing
X2

Offline MTblackice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2012, 09:11 PM »
This was my first time fishing this contest and I know a little about what has happened before in the tourney. My question is why didn't  anyone say anything at the team meetings before the tourney started?

I know that everyone that I talked to weren't to happy they were allowed to fish but then again everyone had the chance to say something before hand.

With that being said we had a good time but the fishing was tough. Thanks to Mike and all others who helped put the tournament on.

IceCreeper

« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2012, 10:09 PM »
Another year,another drama...

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2012, 10:12 PM »
This was my first time fishing this contest and I know a little about what has happened before in the tourney. My question is why didn't  anyone say anything at the team meetings before the tourney started?

I know that everyone that I talked to weren't to happy they were allowed to fish but then again everyone had the chance to say something before hand.

With that being said we had a good time but the fishing was tough. Thanks to Mike and all others who helped put the tournament on.

I'm sure it was the way it was said, Mike made it out to sound like the decision was already made and anyone not wanting to participate can have their money back.  Who travels that far and doesn’t want to fish?  If he would have put it up to a vote I don’t think it would have turned out the same.  I thought all us fisherman are members of the perch assault why not vote on it!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline MTblackice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2012, 10:17 PM »
I agree a show of hands would have sealed the deal for sure, nobody really wants to be that guy and stand up and say something only to find out he is only one thinking that way.

All in all still a great tourney that we will be competing in again. Great group of guys and gals.   

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2012, 11:37 PM »
NO it is NOT TRUE. 

The question arose, from NO ONE even in the money, about why I allowed a substitution on Sunday.  I had a brain fart because we have always allowed any team to make one substitution during the season. 2 day events say you must fish with the same partner both days...  It was my mistake, but there was no advantage determined to be gained by the decision (except Jason got a MUCH better looking teamate on Sunday) so... The results stand, no one got DQ'd. 

As for the meeting, I am sorry if I wasn't clear. The agreement before hand(made in a board meeting with the team in question 1/2 hour before the rules meeting) was that if ANY team spoke up and had a any problem, the team would withdraw their entry.  Sorry if anyone felt like it was a done deal.  If you feel strongly about something, sometimes you have to speak up, no matter what it costs. Or you deal with it and move on, which is what happened. If it was a show of hands, who would be the first to raise their hand...?

2013 is a clean slate.  There will be changes, and we will be soliciting input.  Then, everyone gets to vote with your entry form.

Hope that clears thing up.
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline RobG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2012, 09:52 AM »
Just curious, why would substituting a new person be against the rules? That person could have just as easily be part of the team from the start.

rg

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2012, 10:29 AM »
i don't know what i think about letting someone fish with a sub....probably would have let it go...but if i was the second place team i would be kinda put off too... the reason i am writing this post is i am kinda upset that i didn't know subs were an option....i would have fished this event the last coupkle yrs if i knew you could use a sub....my fishing partner has 2 small kids and can seldom get away for 2 days...not to be cocky but i like our skills at catching perch...we log the hrs..read the articles..watch the shows and get the feedback from other anglers...i think if him and i had one day and i fished with a fairly competent partner for the second day and if a little lady luck shined on us..we would have a shot at the money.... i thought perch assault was advertised as a 2 angler 2 day perch throwdown...if this is going to be a sporting event it needs to have solid rules not bendable guidelines....if it is in the rules that you can use subs then forget this post.....got my team of three planned for next yr....

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those big winter females
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Seriously cold.  If you feel you are so good why don't you fish the perch assault 1 day tournaments that mike and the crew puts on, or does your partner have to be home by noon on those days too. 

Come on people if something happened to a guys partner why would you want to kick him out of the tournament.  Even if I was in second behind them who cares they won.  Some people just can't handle loosing.   I think the majority of the people I know that fish all these tournaments are honest people.  I know there are some bad eggs around everything that has to do with money, but MIKE made the correct decision to let him fish with a new partner.  If you have never fished a perch assault you have no right to sit and judge. 

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2012, 04:15 PM »
didn't mean to sound like a jerk or i was the best fisher of all time..wasn't judging the effort and respect of the perch assault organizers either.. from what i've read they have put inmany hrs and have made countless efforts to make perch assault a success....if i sounded too judgmental, sorry, jeez was just an opinion and comment,  ....in hindsight, i guess icould have just said, if i knew if there was a way that i could have fished this tournament with a sub, it would have actually made a diference in this particular tournament... on the flip side....it was beautiful weekend to sit on a bucket...

Offline JBL44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JBL44
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2012, 09:13 AM »
The reason I don't fish tourtaments is quite obvious judging from the above posts. Seems sombody has to bend the rules for financial gain, resulting in the xxxxxxx match we are witnessing now!
perchnut

Offline greyling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2012, 11:56 AM »
The reason I fish tournaments is to have a good time fishin with my buddies and hope I get some luck as well.  Shouldn't be doing tournaments if all your eye is focused on is the pot of gold at the end.
"No life is so happy and so pleasant as the life of the well-govern'd angler." - Izaak Walton

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2012, 07:48 PM »
the pot of gold is sitting on a bucket ..looking at the beautiful mountain peaks..with yourself and a few good freinds... i have been fortunate enough to log my share of these days tis season...on the flip side... a lot of us love the lure of a texas hold em poker game... we get exited when we see bass masters on espn 2... there is a big diferrence between hanging out with the bros and a cash prized professional tournament...

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2012, 10:16 PM »
and nobody makes anyone do any of that...if its your bag, great...if not, great..

as for me...I don't fish tournaments either, I make a helluva lot better promotor than contestant.

BUT, I will be happy to do some duels that anyone else wants to organize and challenge me to...hint hint
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2012, 12:17 AM »
that sounds like a blast...i love your idea of getting some of us together at  random lakes..head to head..it would be so fun..it has a lot of potential..lets make it happen for next yr....

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 09, 2012, 12:49 AM »
BUT, I will be happy to do some duels that anyone else wants to organize and challenge me to...hint hint

I challenge you to a duel on Devils Lake.  Open water or on ice.  I'll pay for fuel and we split all other costs.

Lets go fishing!!!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #20 on: Mar 09, 2012, 06:40 AM »
Oh Jay...did I ever tell you about the time...  ;D

I am afraid, with my schedule, it's gonna have to be somewhere a LITTLE closer to home for me...like within the range of our Perch Assault events...which WILL include central MT at least for 2013...

I won't rule out a DL trip sometime in the future...so lets keep that offer in our "someday..." file!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #21 on: Mar 09, 2012, 11:56 AM »
We can duel any where.  I just want to fish and B.S. with ya.  Lets make a man date.  I guess I can even pay you to go on a man date with me if I have to.  Might have to bring my wife too.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.