The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: The new Regs are out!!  (Read 4558 times)

Offline Westerly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formerly bbpinecone
Re: The new Regs are out!!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 13, 2012, 12:14 PM »
I asked about new law books when I was at the town office this morning.  She said they asked IF&W for copies of the new book last week, and got a box from them yesterday.  Opened it up and there were 200 fresh copies of the lawbook that expires in two weeks.   ::)  Guessing it will be awhile in the outskirt towns.  ;D

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 13, 2012, 12:23 PM »
not seeing it on line yet ???

I looked too and it's not posted yet.....the format they have online (each county listed in a separate pdf file), I'll bet the scanner is working overtime  @)

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 13, 2012, 02:24 PM »
gorham just got theres in.  can wait to see what is in store for this year

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 13, 2012, 02:27 PM »

Offline Westerly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formerly bbpinecone

Offline xphelanx

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where did you put my beer?
« Reply #35 on: Mar 13, 2012, 02:47 PM »
Well that looks fancy.
I just wish there were a .pdf download. I like to be able to have it on my phone rather than in a form that soaks up water  :'(
I've got the itch... No, not that one. It's the good kind.
It's pronounced "fay-len" (the x's are silent)

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 13, 2012, 02:48 PM »
Pages 15 and 51 certainly seem to dispell any rumors of a change in departmental attitude regarding pike, muskie, and crappie. @)

Offline SilverSides

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing is better than any day at work!
« Reply #37 on: Mar 13, 2012, 03:35 PM »
First thing I noticed was the approved bait list. It now specifies alive or dead. No more dead mackeral for the pike.

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #38 on: Mar 13, 2012, 04:06 PM »
I was glad to see no changes to the smelting laws. GAME ON!!!
Feeding birds, one pike at a time...

Offline Litchfield Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Mar 13, 2012, 04:55 PM »
anyone else notice the changes in the laws for the southern and eastern counties?  Look a lot more similar to the old regs before the last law book, everything is still open year round but October 1st through December 31st is artificial lures only unless otherwise specified,  no more venturing out to set a few traps on the majority of the lakes before the first again
Its not a passion its an obsession

Offline Slammin_Brookies!!

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Speed an Accuracy" Airborne all the Way 82nd!
« Reply #40 on: Mar 13, 2012, 05:05 PM »
anyone else notice the changes in the laws for the southern and eastern counties?  Look a lot more similar to the old regs before the last law book, everything is still open year round but October 1st through December 31st is artificial lures only unless otherwise specified,  no more venturing out to set a few traps on the majority of the lakes before the first again

First Thing I noticed.... I guess they want all the guys that get scared on thin ice to have a fighting chance against the guys that hit it hard in December lol.
"Go Big or Go Home"

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #41 on: Mar 13, 2012, 05:10 PM »
I was glad to see no changes to the smelting laws. GAME ON!!!

I suppose it could have gotten worst Scott, the five dozen live still sucks! >:(
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #42 on: Mar 13, 2012, 05:52 PM »
I suppose it could have gotten worst Scott, the five dozen live still sucks! >:(
I agree Bob, I was hearing talk of taking the 5 dozen away all together.
Feeding birds, one pike at a time...

Offline umoguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Mar 13, 2012, 07:28 PM »
What are thoughts on new Sebago togue laws? Looks like the loosened up some of the salmon laws around the state as well, 3 fish, 12"?

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Mar 13, 2012, 07:39 PM »
For those of us that travel, I went to the parent site of E-regs, they have most of the Eastern seaboard and a fair share of the next teir.
  http://www.eregulations.com/       ;)
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #45 on: Mar 13, 2012, 07:40 PM »
I LOVE PAGE 15!!!! :thumbsup: :bow: >:D

Offline capmorgan928

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Mar 13, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #47 on: Mar 13, 2012, 08:07 PM »
Well at least THIS debate is over  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline teabagger1773

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Mar 13, 2012, 08:52 PM »
im pretty upset about the change regarding live bait in december. it was nice to go catch and release some brookies in the put and take ponds before everybody cleans them out the first week in january. there were a couple ponds i only fished in december because i didn't want to deal with the crowds who wanted to take their two 8 inch rubfins, take them home, and come back and do it again. It's downright asinine. The put and take ponds are not working as intended. It's not a good place to take the family for the day, its a place to go watch a bunch of "sportsman"  get spoon fed a bunch of 8 inch "trout", and keep limit upon limit. I don't know about you guys but im sick of catching my limit in 20 minutes of barely legal fish that have been starving since the hatchery truck dropped them off.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm not leaving until I catch a fish!!! R. Crabs
« Reply #49 on: Mar 13, 2012, 09:52 PM »
What are thoughts on new Sebago togue laws? Looks like the loosened up some of the salmon laws around the state as well, 3 fish, 12"?

If you are talking FRC then that law was in last years book too.  but it is a bad choice in my opinion.  Great oportuinity for a slot and two fish if you ask me.

Offline theonethatgotawaywashuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time heals all things..except these crazy eyes
« Reply #50 on: Mar 14, 2012, 03:39 AM »
thanks for posting that site! my town office is closed more often than not!
were all in this together

LIVE ACTION!

All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Offline theonethatgotawaywashuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time heals all things..except these crazy eyes
« Reply #51 on: Mar 14, 2012, 03:40 AM »
were all in this together

LIVE ACTION!

All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #52 on: Mar 14, 2012, 04:17 AM »
Well at least THIS debate is over  :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Image removed from quote.)

from a moderators standpoint...i wish it were true!!the debate will live on in these pages ... it is however nice to see our leaders take somewhat of a stand on the issue and at least give an official advisement of how to deal with invasives. 

Offline capmorgan928

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Mar 14, 2012, 06:45 AM »
from a moderators standpoint...i wish it were true!!the debate will live on in these pages ... it is however nice to see our leaders take somewhat of a stand on the issue and at least give an official advisement of how to deal with invasives.
If they would just make it illegal to put them back,then, your headaches would go away ;D

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Mar 14, 2012, 07:09 AM »
If they would just make it illegal to put them back,then, your headaches would go away ;D
Yup, right. The energy would just focus on the next issue.  ;D

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Mar 14, 2012, 07:31 AM »

It's funny you mention this because after reading such a strong statement now from IFW, the thought crossed my mind that this now essentially makes it paramount to illegal stocking.  Anybody else have that same reaction?

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #56 on: Mar 14, 2012, 07:49 AM »
umm no i dont really think so...releasing one alive where you caught it isnt even close to putting one where they have never been IMHO. if it is a place where they are not known to be established maybe a little worse but still not the same.

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #57 on: Mar 14, 2012, 08:12 AM »
There is not really a change in the law...you can still Ice Fish a lot of lakes early with live bait, that you COULDN'T Ice Fish early with the OLDER laws.  You're SUPPOSED to be releasing the trout you catch before Jan. 1.  One, do you think this is being done? Two, what kinda of impact does a bunch of catch and release have on the fish before Jan. 1.  I think the bite is worse now on Jan. 1 because of this new law.  I would love to go back to the OLD SCHOOL law...NO Ice Fishing some Ponds till Jan. 1!!!!

Offline Morfishin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Mar 14, 2012, 09:08 AM »
There is not really a change in the law...you can still Ice Fish a lot of lakes early with live bait, that you COULDN'T Ice Fish early with the OLDER laws.  You're SUPPOSED to be releasing the trout you catch before Jan. 1.  One, do you think this is being done? Two, what kinda of impact does a bunch of catch and release have on the fish before Jan. 1.  I think the bite is worse now on Jan. 1 because of this new law.  I would love to go back to the OLD SCHOOL law...NO Ice Fishing some Ponds till Jan. 1!!!!
YES !!!! THEIR IS A GOD THANK YOU MDH
Fish have tails

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
« Reply #59 on: Mar 14, 2012, 12:43 PM »
That new E-book is a joke! What a PIA!!  >:(

The print is too small to read, if zoomed in, it stays that way when you change pages, it slows this computer down, makes my cursor jerky etc...  ::)

Does anyone remember the state saying the intent was to SIMPLIFY things?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

OK,
I paused this reply to take a trip into town hall to see if they had the new book. They did. The first thing I notice is it's size. Seems amazingly similar to the shape and size of some things I used to read as a kid. Marvel comic books!!  :woot: Now to post and on to do some amuzing reading.. Any cartoons in it?? After all it's usually a joke anyway...  ::)
Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.