Author Topic: Question for Jack Traps Owners  (Read 1710 times)

CT Ice Dawg

Question for Jack Traps Owners
« on: Feb 20, 2005, 05:28 PM »
I look to the owners for a little help in some measurments and info regarding your traps, I happen to have some real nice Mahogany wood lying around and thought I'd make some tip-ups of my own. Before I go slicing and dicing this beautiful piece of timber I'd like to grab a lil info from you all. Please. I know the cost of building the traps w/ Jacks parts will cost me more than if I bought them myself,but knowing these were crafted from my own hands kind of adds a little personal touch. And I'm going to take pics as I go.
 My biggest question is wood thickness and lenght on all three pieces, I plan to remake the 26" Cross Jack Trap. Hole measurments from end to would help as well. I ask you Please for your help.
Thank You
CT Ice Dawg

CT Ice Dawg

Re: Question for Jack Traps Owners
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2005, 12:54 PM »
I called Tim Jackson and he gave me all the info I needed....The mahogany will be a nice touch to these tilts. Thank You

Offline icefishmaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2005, 06:04 PM »
 did you finish the traps yet? any pics?

CT Ice Dawg

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Not yet my brother......I finially made a decission on what to coat the wood with and it'll take a little while longer to complete them.....We may be selling the house so I dont want em hanging and have some one pokin round. But im going to purchase a System Three Clear Coat Epoxy for them.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2005, 10:26 PM »
Photos of CT ice dawgs completed traps are posted in a new thread above and man did they come out SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.