The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cargo's Deadsea Shanty Challenge I  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Cargo's Deadsea Shanty Challenge I
« on: Feb 24, 2012, 04:25 AM »
Cargo's Deadsea Challenge  1 JIGGING  POLE each person bring your favorite jigs, bait of your chose. warm cloths. Headlamp, something to set on.

Where: Keyhole Reservoir This Saturday February 25  from 4PM until 7PM

Location: The Hump in Mule Creek Bay I will show you where the Hump is. Everyone must fish where we can pretty much talk to one another.
You do not need a wheeler to fish this spot you can walk to it. or you can bring your wheeler if you want.

The Deadsea Challenge stars at 4PM until 7PM     NO HOLES CAN BE DRILLED AFTER 4:00 PM

Meet at the Boat ramp or Hump between 2 PM to 3PM drill holes until 4 PM.   No drilling after 4 PM.

ONLY walleye count, total inches win. Return fish under 14" inches

Note: Any hole open you can jig or fish. We or I will drill extra holes so a person can move around as they wish.

You just need one jigging pole and or a back pole up if needed.

Come say Hi if you are a Ice Shanty member. If you are not a member come say hi and fish. Sorry for the short notice.

See ya at the Ramp or the Hump. 

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Cargo's Deadsea Challenge
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:24 AM »
I'm In!
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:34 AM »
Will be called for work by then and on my way to Guernsey, but will be there in spirit!  Best wishes to all! :icefish:

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:36 AM »
Work sure messes up fishing time.  ::)

Offline FireonIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:36 AM »
Dang I have to work...... Good luck all!!
Bojo

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:37 AM »
Yeah, but I have half the week off anyhows!  :tipup:

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:43 AM »
I'd come up but I promissed a group of kids that I would take them fishing. Next year Cargo!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Proud Gawker of the BIKINI ICE FISHING TEAM !!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2012, 10:17 AM »
I'm In.... I will bring an auger .

Maybe I will learn something !!!

Offline DeadSeaFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I get the SLOW bite alot!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Absolutely love that idea Cargo, always wanted to know whats out there in the bay! Ill try to convince my father to get off the couch!
><{{{{*>~---

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Hey everyone using this format  I was thinking we could do this a few times each winter. Do some half day challenges. Just a way to pick a spot and see who shows up say hi meet some new fisherman, if it's 4 guys great, if it's 10 guys better. See what there is there, throw a few bucks in a can. Put everyone on the same playing field. If we want to change it up we can, we can talk about it when we meet. If it works might do it again this season.  I am hoping the wind does not blow to bad!

The reason I am having it from 4 til 7 it seems like the fish are biting a little better then.  Hope to see ya on the ice.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2012, 01:20 PM »
Hey everyone using this format  I was thinking we could do this a few times each winter. Do some half day challenges. Just a way to pick a spot and see who shows up say hi meet some new fisherman, if it's 4 guys great, if it's 10 guys better. See what there is there, throw a few bucks in a can. Put everyone on the same playing field. If we want to change it up we can, we can talk about it when we meet. If it works might do it again this season.  I am hoping the wind does not blow to bad!

The reason I am having it from 4 til 7 it seems like the fish are biting a little better then.  Hope to see ya on the ice.
That and maybe you don't have to set an alarm?  ;D

Offline gillyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2012, 06:09 PM »
In addition, once the sun goes down we won't have to see you lay down on the ice in defeat! :P

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2012, 06:22 PM »
Just in case if your wondering were mulecreek is, its pinehaven side by that I mean turn right at big Rs and head for the boat ramp and I'm guessing the hump is some where southish of the boat ramp on the big bay. Cargo count me in, see you on the ice.  FYI: I grew up in gillette and still don't know the bays but thanks to mayor mike for the maps I'm starting to learn. 
No one left behind.     

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:08 PM »
I worked the westside of  Eggie bay no fish scene  I also worked the face of the damn &  marked  few fish iced none snow five inches about everywhere & I had no trouble getting around with the four wheeler in two wheel drive. In the backs of the bays are slushie from the runoff as well as the Pine Haven Boat Ramp.  the ice is very good. I also worked the point north of the Marina and the east side of the mouth of that bay with no fish in site.    I did pick up a couple of NICE Crappie  on the way home.  Visited with an individual from Gillette who was working the point of the west side of EGGE Bay... no fish but he says he is marking them in all the holes he drilled.

National Weather Service is saying we should have a good      weekend...but Monday evening/Tuesday morning may be nasty...and      may have another six (6) inches of snow to start the work week.

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR WESTERN SOUTH DAKOTA AND      NORTHEASTERN WYOMING.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS AND GUSTY WINDS WILL DIMINISH LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND THIS EVENING.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY

THE NEXT STORM SYSTEM WILL CROSS THE NORTHERN PLAINS LATE SATURDAY      INTO SUNDAY. THE BEST CHANCE FOR PRECIPITATION WILL BE ACROSS FAR      NORTHEASTERN WYOMING...THE NORTHERN BLACK HILLS...AND NORTHWESTERN      SOUTH DAKOTA...WHERE LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE.      GUSTY NORTHWESTERLY WINDS WILL DEVELOP BEHIND A COLD FRONT      SATURDAY NIGHT AND ESPECIALLY ON SUNDAY. WINDS COULD GUST TO OVER      50 MPH ON SUNDAY ACROSS THE SOUTH DAKOTA PLAINS.

ANOTHER STORM SYSTEM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRING MORE SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW TO THE AREA LATE MONDAY NIGHT INTO TUESDAY.

THIS SYSTEM COULD BRING GREATER THAN 6 INCHES OF SNOWFALL TO PARTS OF THE AREA BY TUESDAY NIGHT.

Offline Chadfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Sure, they were biting here yesterday? :(
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Sounds like Saturday is the day.    Wish I lived closer!... Sounds like a blast!!!
There's time to sleep when your dead....let's go fishin'!!!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25, 2012, 04:01 PM »
How about some live reports from the ice so I may fish vicariously this afternoon? Heading to my train now... :(

Good luck to all! :tipup:

Offline Wy-Joe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 25, 2012, 08:19 PM »
By the looks out my window it could have been Cargo's Ironman Challenge. It's a whiteout near Sundance, again. Good luck guys!!

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 25, 2012, 09:03 PM »
A good time was had by all, 7 die hard ice fisherman showed up. Wind was 20 to 30 MPH. A "blizzard" hit right at dark. Fish on the graph and it's snowing so hard I can't see the screen. LOL I not going to tell the whole story as I'm sure there are a few. I did catch 2 walleyes and two perch today. No size. One walleye during the challenge on a PK spoon. Wish we could have fish another 30 minutes but.. It was time to leave!

Offline wyoguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2012, 09:18 PM »
if you have another one of these challenges please let me know. i live in casper but if i have a bit of notice i will take a day or two off work and head over there. it sounds like a lot of fun

Offline gillyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2012, 09:53 PM »
well done to the "magnificenet seven"  who got together for fun on the ice.  Wish I could have been there.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2012, 09:56 PM »
Good to see the PK spoon working for you appleye!

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2012, 10:28 PM »
We are alive. By far this trip home was on top of the list of crazy!!!! We left the res and all of a sudden our windshield wipers stopped working. We believe it is the mottor.  Now the question was stay in pinehaven at the bar, and wait it out, or grab a pair and make a run.  We made the run.  Questionable by far, but we are redneck Wyomingites and we can drive in everything.  I'm home sippin whiskey and living.  And I still haven't caught a fish at keyhole this winter.  YAAAAAA!! the things we do for a fish. LOL
No one left behind.     

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Here is the group that showed for the Challenge. Like Appleye said it started out pretty nice and as evening came so did the storm. It was a bunch of fun, met some new guys form the Shanty.  I would like to say thanks to all who showed up on such short notice. Lets do it again sometime.
Names L to R Top Row Doug T-N-T, Lightning Leo, Wade Super Scooper, Appleye, budlit714
Bottom Row: Cargo, Special

Here is a picture of budlit714 He started of the day with the first walleye, this is the fellow who says he has not caught a fish this winter, I think he was sandbagging he looks like a pretty good fisherman to me.
I was lucky enough to catch the next couple of eyes to take the lead and Appleye stuck an Eye late and was coming on strong, but the storm a full bore whiteout came on strong to shut us down.

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 26, 2012, 12:22 AM »
HERE IS A LINK TO TODAYS VIDEO.     Enjoy !!!   Next time....Maybe you can come join us.

&feature=youtu.be

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #24 on: Feb 26, 2012, 07:58 AM »
Looks like you guys had a great time. Nice job!!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #25 on: Feb 26, 2012, 08:49 AM »
Wonderful job on the video Lightning Leo. Next time we need to get you on video. Again I would like to thank everyone for making it.  :clap:

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 26, 2012, 10:13 AM »
Looked like a good time. Never fished that side of the state before may have to meet up with you guys sometime.

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #27 on: Feb 26, 2012, 12:44 PM »
Question, Anyone have an Idea of how many holes we punched? I did atleast 15 plus so I'm guessing 85 ish or did we make One Hundered?  6 augers going at once adds up quick.
No one left behind.     

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 26, 2012, 01:12 PM »
This challenge is awesome. You think this is going to be a annual thing cargo. Keyhole is not far from Rapid I may be able to make it next year if you do it again.

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 26, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Big Al....

It is open for discussion.   We talked about 2 to 4 times a season..... we may try other challenges in other locals....Maybe LAK out of Newcastle..... Healey......Keyhole... ..we are open for ideas.  It is just a great way to get some Iceshanty folks together to meet each other...nothing to structured.  It is done in a small confined area where we can all chatter it up and get to know each other & tell some lies.

Lightning Leo
Team Lighnting

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.