Author Topic: What would you do ?  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
What would you do ?
« on: Feb 18, 2005, 06:43 PM »
Differently if you could start this ice fishing season all over.

bigjim

Re: What would you do ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2005, 06:50 PM »

go to floridaa

stumper1300

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2005, 06:59 PM »
woulda taken my gf for a ride on a 4 wheeler 2 months ago.

stump

Offline Odell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Bigjim there's a site for you, it's called myfishfinder.com. Let me tell you something, I moved up here from Georgia 2 1/2 years ago and got hooked bad on hardwater fishing. I'll take ice fishing over openwater fishing any day. BTW, I got a house for sale real close to the coast of GA where there's some of the best salt and freshwater fishing you could ask for.

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2005, 12:36 AM »
i would of finished building our shanty sooner so that we could get it set up on the ice before those huge snow storms came and made the river unaccesible.  so now we have to wait until next year >:(
Team Manitoba

missfishylicious

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2005, 09:36 AM »
would have bought a new truck before the old one died
missed all the early ice action looking for a new truck
anybody want a 1990 chevy silverado extendacab 4x4 with a new distributor,wires,plugs ,rear brake lines and some other expensive monitor part
it's got two cylinders with low compression you would think that would have been the first thing they checked

bigdave1018

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2005, 10:29 AM »
mechanicts like dirty old men like to take advantage of young sexy women. sorry about your wheels missy but theres always room in my van for you anytime or place to go fishing and you can even bring old whats his name. lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!

missfishylicious

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2005, 08:22 PM »
thanks Dave ,but there whats his names wheels.He's got new ones now I wouldn't drive the chevy it was like trying to park a schoolbus.Maybe we'll run into ya on the ice some day.If you see a couple with a golden retriever thats probubly us

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2005, 09:19 PM »
thanks Dave ,but there whats his names wheels.He's got new ones now I wouldn't drive the chevy it was like trying to park a schoolbus.Maybe we'll run into ya on the ice some day.If you see a couple with a golden retriever thats probubly us
  how you doing missfishy  this is  the canadarago lake man  how is oneida doing ??  allso got a new underwater cam  I was useing it today saw many walleye come thro &  many pot belly perchs  come thro  <jack Perch>  & it was great even saw freshwater  shrimp swimming by     you been messageing
my better halph  yellow fin she says hi 

Steve
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline tinboat

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice fishing rules!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2005, 10:30 PM »
..I would have entered the IceShanty tourney....
Gregg

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2005, 09:00 AM »
NOTHING im having a wonderful year :tipup:

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2005, 09:05 AM »
Moved to Minnesota.   ;D
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

PIKEGUY

« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2005, 09:11 AM »
Asked for a layoff for three months ;) NO scratch that. I would have bought my Vex in December instead of last week. BEST thing I've ever done!

Offline rayfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2005, 09:37 AM »
#1 buy a shanty

#2 buy a vex

#3 enter shanty tourney

#4 fish 5 instead of 2 days a week

Can't wait for next year!!!!! ;D

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2005, 12:00 PM »
Use more vaca. time
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline OGGYDOGGY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 21, 2005, 12:49 PM »
I would of left my shanty where it was I hear they are hitting over yonder now!!! ???

Basshuntah

« Reply #16 on: Feb 24, 2005, 03:25 PM »
get my shanty on the ice, I still been getting out all the time but either been using a freinds house or just enjoyin' the sunshine, which is what i do most of the time. The problem is getting my shanty around, it doens't fit in my truck and i don't have a trailer, last year i had to rent one from u-haul, so i cost over a hundred buck to put it out on the lake last year, just didn't have the resources this year, a real bummer, but it didn't hold me back caught some nice fish sittin' on a bucket. maybe if i hadn't spent all my money on beer and school i would have a house on the ice to call my own. ;D

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2005, 03:47 PM »
I am with Tinboat. I would have entered the tourney. I dont think there has been a Northern entered as big as the one I caught up at Ft. Peck. Next year, watch out.  ;D  :flex: :whistle:

IceTroll
     :callcops:
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 24, 2005, 10:26 PM »
Would've gotten the vexie much much much earlier into the season!!!!  Thats okay tho - ya live and learn - and in the process ya drink a few Millers!!!  ;D

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2005, 09:03 AM »

Get out on the ice right away and enjoy it sooner!

-Reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2005, 09:42 AM »
Would have kept a better eye on my tip-ups. One of my cousin's pulled a 40" Northern Pike off mine a couple of weeks ago while i was jigging with my back to my flags boy i was bummed.I'll have to keep a better eye out for now on

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2005, 10:07 AM »
I would've like to try icefishing plymouth or around that area.

smitty

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2005, 07:24 PM »
I would have broke his arm Pike4some. My tipups are for me to catch fish on not my friends. We have a rule that you keeps your hands off someone elses tipup. Plus, the two states I fish, Wyoming and Montana, its illegal as hell for someone to catch a fish on someone elses tipup. You get caught, its a huge fine.

IceTroll
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #23 on: Feb 27, 2005, 06:35 AM »
1 FISH MORE
2 FISH MORE
3 FISH MORE
4 FISH MORE
 ;D ;) :tipup:
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #24 on: Feb 27, 2005, 07:29 AM »
I would have broke his arm Pike4some. My tipups are for me to catch fish on not my friends. We have a rule that you keeps your hands off someone elses tipup. Plus, the two states I fish, Wyoming and Montana, its illegal as hell for someone to catch a fish on someone elses tipup. You get caught, its a huge fine.

IceTroll
The only way I could see getting a fish on someone elses tipups is if the fish is about to spool them, and no one is around.One day ilikepike was fishing with his friend bill, and pike went to the store on for a coffee run. Well, He got a flag, and bill just let it be keeping an eye on the spool. Well somebody they didn't even know came over and took the flag and fish, it was  a nice salmon I guess. I would have been wicked mad!
Back on topic, I would have bought a vex, and one day when we were hitting the lakers pretty hard, I had chunk bait on, kept gettign hits, but I couldn't figure out why I wasn't hooking any. When it was time to go, I figured out that my chunkbat was over my hook so the hook wasn't showing. Thats about the only thing.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline gator_hunter71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tip Up!!!
« Reply #25 on: Feb 27, 2005, 12:29 PM »
Buy a four wheeler and put our shanty where all the fish were caught!!! ;D
If you jig it...... They will come.

bigjim

« Reply #26 on: Feb 27, 2005, 05:09 PM »
Bigjim there's a site for you, it's called myfishfinder.com. Let me tell you something, I moved up here from Georgia 2 1/2 years ago and got hooked bad on hardwater fishing. I'll take ice fishing over openwater fishing any day. BTW, I got a house for sale real close to the coast of GA where there's some of the best salt and freshwater fishing you could ask for.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.