Author Topic: 2-20-12 charter report  (Read 1568 times)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
2-20-12 charter report
« on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:40 PM »
so the lakers seem to have gone tea-time overnight, didn't expect it to happen today after yesterdays pattern. they didn't hit til 8:25 this morning, grabbed 2 fish, then at 10 grabbed 2 fish, then couldn't stand the slow action so moved off my structure to a softer bottom hoping for a steady bite and nothing until about 1 and grabbed 3 quick fish. so a 7 laker day isn't bad. Jamie and son Jamie and buddy roger were stocked with great food, breakfast sausages, scllops wrapped in bacon, and old bay sauteed shrimp, YUMMMMMMMy stuff. The younger jamie is a great young fisherman, plays the fish well, patient when things are slow, destined to be quite a fisherman for sure.

Here is a pic of Jamie Jr. and Sr. with a nice 23.25" 3.65 pound laker.
PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2-20-12 charter report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Congrats to the Little Man! Great Job Buddy! :thumbsup:

surflizard

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Thats a memory he will never forget, good job out there Adrien !

Offline KeepaCatcha

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:53 PM »
That picture is priceless!!...truly is a picture that speaks a thousand words! congrats!

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Great Job Guys, I'm so jealous. Nice meeting you Jamie and Jamie the other day! Pulling shack tomorrow so keep your lines tight til the next time we meet.

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2012, 03:07 AM »
Tell the Little Man congrats. Nice fish,great pic. :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2012, 02:37 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Adrien.  We had a awesome time and look forward to another one.   The trip was first class from start to finish.  The ride to the fishing grounds in the fully enclosed  argo was awesome, they are the ultimate ice fishing machine no doubt.  It was warm inside and moved right along, it was like a ice shack on wheels that dosnt get stuck and floats to boot.  The lowrance hds 5 used to get to the grounds was real cool, the detail was amazing. It was the first time I have seen one used and cant believe how far we have come with technology.    The ice gator auger was very impressive to see in action.  I think by the time u started a gas auger and warmed it up, the ice gator would have 10 or more holes drilled.  The hole was  drilled just about  as fast as the forward button was pressed.   Adrien has all the nice tools and knows how to use them to get the most out of the time u are on the ice.  I showed the little man this thread and he had smile ear to ear seeing his picture.  Dad can we send this picture in to the hawkeye ?  Thanks for a great trip and good memories Jamie

On a side note I'll tell a little story that I think some of the shanty guys will find funny.  When I booked this trip I told my son Jamie (7) what I had done. At first he dosnt quite get it, dad your paying someone to take us fishing, how much???    He guesses a few numbers and I finally tell him what it costs.  Dad are you serious, thats a rip off.  Then he says well, he better have nice equipment and catch big fish. I showed him the the web page and  tired to just explain to him what things like gas and equipment and insurance cost and that he isnt getting rich off this, he is just trying to feed and take care of  his family doing something he probbley loves.  After fishing the day, you can tell he take alot of pride in everything from setting a trap to putting it away for the next trip.  I asked Jamie on the way home if he still though it was a rip off, and he repiles when are we going again dad LOL
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline HardTellinNotKnowin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Hey JR,

I think I met you and your boy in Alton Bay during the Derby.  I let your son pull up a small cusk on one of my traps.  Hope you had good luck during the Derby.  Anyway, I booked a charter with Adrien for March 4th (might have to paddle out to some floating ice  :-\).  Glad to hear you had a good experience.  It's great that there is a real professional in the Lakes Region helping people get on the fish.  I'm even more pumped for my trip now.

Cheers & Tight Lines

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Hey JR,

I think I met you and your boy in Alton Bay during the Derby.  I let your son pull up a small cusk on one of my traps.  Hope you had good luck during the Derby.  Anyway, I booked a charter with Adrien for March 4th (might have to paddle out to some floating ice  :-\).  Glad to hear you had a good experience.  It's great that there is a real professional in the Lakes Region helping people get on the fish.  I'm even more pumped for my trip now.

Cheers & Tight Lines

I really hope there is ice for you to fish on, you will have a great time with him.

-Scott

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2012, 06:12 PM »
If not you can fish outta the argo.....

Congrats to you and your son for hooking up! Great job Adrien.

JIGGIN.

Offline HardTellinNotKnowin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Thanks Jiggin!

After a long windy weekend and not much to show for it, I'm pretty amped I booked this charter. 

Fished on Squam and Winni this weekend in 28-40 FOW 5 feet off bottom for Lakers but got skunked, only 3 wind-ups.  Almost jigged up something on AJ's bucktail tipped with a salmon egg (stole the egg), but couldn't get it to re-commit.  I'm still in the steep section of my learning curve, but I become more addicted to the sport with each outing regardless or results, which are poor.

2012 results:

11 Cusk Avg 1.25lbs much smaller than last year.
1 Brook Trout 14"
1 noteworthy yellow perch 14" 1.75lb

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.