The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: records of fish  (Read 4083 times)

Offline wilec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • support our troops
Re: records of fish
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2012, 09:00 AM »
13 -14 years ago my kid caught a 21" fat smallmouth ( on a $1 lure from wal mart) in the otter in vergennes about 200 yards before champlain. it was an awesome fight my 12 year old was about to hand me his pole and that fish came flying out of the water bout 3-4 feet right in front of our faces . some guy was offering us money for it.  i later found out why as it was the weekend of the LCI derby, i had never heard of the derby before that.  i can only guess the weight of that fish but ..

Offline trout slayer 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 16, 2012, 11:44 AM »
9 pound smallmouth?
Come on.
1978 brownington pond!
aka halfrack23 willoughby lake

Offline lemdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:48 PM »
hahahahahaha

Bingo, it is like the guys that are only catching 1 pound perch one after another....

Offline blackcoat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:20 PM »
What is the difference between someone reporting and recording a record fish and someone who continually posts on a social networking site based on fishing????   

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:39 PM »
What is the difference between someone reporting and recording a record fish and someone who continually posts on a social networking site based on fishing????

To enter a a fish into the record books you have to have it weighed on a certified scale (grocery store) and verified by a biologist. I can put a picture on my facebook of a 15" bass that I hold way out and make it look like a 5 pounder. There's a big difference!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline woodab17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 13.5 lbs
« Reply #35 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:46 PM »
I think it's bs you even post about "records" that aren't records.  The fact is if you didn't get it weighed on a certified scale it isn't the record.  I think I very well may have taken the biggest crap in the history of the world but since I didn't call guinness world records some other guy still has the record and I can't say anything about it.

I have to say that this post even being started is a joke.  9lb smallie.......my arse!  If it's not in the record book it doesn't count.

Offline Timbertrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 16, 2012, 04:39 PM »
I think it's bs you even post about "records" that aren't records.  The fact is if you didn't get it weighed on a certified scale it isn't the record.  I think I very well may have taken the biggest crap in the history of the world but since I didn't call guinness world records some other guy still has the record and I can't say anything about it.

I have to say that this post even being started is a joke.  9lb smallie.......my arse!  If it's not in the record book it doesn't count.

:o :o :o Ha

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:22 PM »

A ninepound smalley is a dandy.just 2.15 off the world record  :cookoo:....Oh ya you need pictures and weight of that crap you took...

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:56 AM »
all i can say is i got my boat in this $#!^ because i almost drown!!! dang this stuff is just intense.. but yes like people are saying what is a fishing or even hunting story without a couple lies and strechs.... my final thing to say is......

SAVE THE "STORYS" FOR CAMP BOYS/GIRLS :tipup: :tipup: :P
Dusty Gagnon... you buy the bait i'll catch the fish!
:icefish:

Offline trout slayer 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 18, 2012, 05:19 AM »
its just the point..... the fact of the matter is records dont mean crap......
aka halfrack23 willoughby lake

Offline MRwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 18, 2012, 06:40 AM »
its just the point..... the fact of the matter is records dont mean crap......

And the stories that you tell are crap!!!

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #41 on: Feb 18, 2012, 06:30 PM »
Point is trout slayer no one cares about a great uncles big smallie that was weighed by a warden
in 19... but wasn't entered into the record books. Might be good at camp but not on a forum. 

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 20, 2012, 07:41 AM »
hahahahah gentlemen lets all settle down. drill a few holes. poor some coffe and just talk this over?
Dusty Gagnon... you buy the bait i'll catch the fish!
:icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.