New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: woodstove in shanty?  (Read 1713 times)

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: woodstove in shanty?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2012, 10:20 AM »
not a rant against down staters,. My mother is from long island.   It just seems that most of the encounters I've had with "down staters"  turn out that way.  I used to tourguide at an upstate attraction and had a "down stater (with a brooklyn accent) ask me "so what do you hicks like to do for fun up here?".  I looked him dead serious in the eyes and said" well, cow tipping is always fun but our best entertainment is making tourists dissappear!"
Bahahahaha thats awesome roy...
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Feb 15, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Its alot cheaper to burn wood than transport propane.Take a good wood fire any day. They have only been burning wood in America for Thousands of yrs.
[/quote

in  new  york  you  can't  transport  wood  without  it  being  inspected  ....  the  green  wood  beetle !!!!!

plus  some  town ships  have  ordance on  inspections  and  no  out  side  wood  stoves

Offline Retired ECO

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rooolz!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 15, 2012, 05:20 PM »
GREEN BEETLE,  I think what y-all talking about is the "emerald ash borer", another invasive from Asia that is attacking our ash trees. When will they be in your neighborhood ?? I hope not mine as 90% of the trees on our 100+ acres are white ash. American chestnut, American elm, rock snot, and of course all the invasive's in the great lakes !! What's next ? It is a sad state of affairs. Hey Trapper, get rich of fur this year ??  JTP

Offline Santo180

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 15, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Firewood certificate is just something you print out off the dec site.  It's pretty much the honor system.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/lands_forests_pdf/selfisscert.pdf

Offline Rmbn49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 18, 2012, 02:21 PM »
Defiantly wouldn't mind a wood stove while ice fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.