Author Topic: Pac tomorrow?  (Read 9284 times)

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pac tomorrow?
« on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:19 PM »
I am thinking I will hit pac in the morning.  Anybody else interested in meeting up and looking for a few lakers?  Sheridan would be a choice too. 

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pac tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:22 PM »
I would SD but i got school. Thinking stockade Saturday though.

Offline cadreau87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Gotta work tomorrow but I just got back from pac. I got there at 11 caught one and hooked into on in about 100ft of water on the north boat launch. Going Sunday and would love to have company if your interested.

Offline black hills tj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2012, 11:34 PM »
I'd like to, but I have class at 9-10, and 11-12.  Shoot me a text in the morning, and maybe I'll swing down there or something after class.

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2012, 12:14 AM »
I would SD but i got school. Thinking stockade Saturday though.

ditto that...  ::)
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline jbuss79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2012, 04:29 PM »
How'd everyone else fare today? Came back totally relaxed and had a great time, but consequently I also came back empty handed. Caught one Northern between 9 am and 1 pm that was 14" maybe. Drilled a bunch of holes for that one little fish. Oh well, coulda been doing something a lot less enjoyable.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2012, 04:32 PM »
A couple guys from Wyoming are coming over on Monday 2/13 at the north boat ramp if anyone wants to meet up.

Appleye
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2012, 05:42 PM »
What time are ya'll going to be fishing on monday?

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:02 PM »
going to try and be there by 7am

Offline black hills tj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2012, 10:07 PM »
How'd everyone else fare today? Came back totally relaxed and had a great time, but consequently I also came back empty handed. Caught one Northern between 9 am and 1 pm that was 14" maybe. Drilled a bunch of holes for that one little fish. Oh well, coulda been doing something a lot less enjoyable.

Flagchaser got a laker and 2 browns this morning.  This afternoon we fished from noon to about 4 near the north launch and marked a few but didn't catch a dang thing.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2012, 02:28 PM »
going to try and be there by 7am
Just called for work, should be home late Sunday to early Monday morning. I plan on heading over barring something changing between now and then.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2012, 02:38 PM »
Give me a call if you head that way Monday. We'll figure out were to meet.

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Drove by Pactola for the first time this season... the whole lake was frozen. I even seen a guy near Alkatraz fishing.
Anthony

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2012, 03:42 PM »
A good friend was out in the same area we fished last week and landed a 30" estimated 11lb laker this morning. Landed a ton of fish he said. Saw another group also catch a bunch as well. Right at daylight is the best bite.

Photo-

Offline cadreau87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2012, 05:55 PM »
Damn! I was gonna go today too!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2012, 05:05 AM »
Heading out to meet up with appleye and Team Lightning for a morning bite at Pac. Come on over and say hello. Parking at north boat ramp. :tipup:

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:05 AM »
Lakers bite good at sun up and again starting right before sunset. Good luck to you guys and tell your buddy... "NICE CATCH!"
Anthony

Offline cadreau87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2012, 01:16 PM »
Thinking about going out to Pac on Saturday! What have they been biting on? I have been just using big shiners hooked through the back on a dead stick but havent really found an effective jig to use. But i will be off the north boat launch early. Im suppose to have a few friend tag along but havent broke the news to them that i will be there before the sun comes up lol  ;D

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 14, 2012, 01:23 PM »
I was using PK Lure flutterfish, no bait, no tipping. Caught 6 and missed as many on the hookset in 120fow. Which is why I'm spooling up with a different line and dumping the mono on the 32" St Croix Med rod, too mush stretch and not enough hooking power on fish that deep.

Attack on Pac!

Offline black hills tj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 14, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Thinking about going out to Pac on Saturday! What have they been biting on? I have been just using big shiners hooked through the back on a dead stick but havent really found an effective jig to use. But i will be off the north boat launch early. Im suppose to have a few friend tag along but havent broke the news to them that i will be there before the sun comes up lol  ;D

When do you plan on heading out?  I was going to fish the tournament at Orman on Saturday, but plans fell through.

Offline cadreau87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 14, 2012, 01:58 PM »
I was using PK Lure flutterfish, no bait, no tipping. Caught 6 and missed as many on the hookset in 120fow. Which is why I'm spooling up with a different line and dumping the mono on the 32" St Croix Med rod, too mush stretch and not enough hooking power on fish that deep.

Attack on Pac!

that is awesome where did you pick that up if you dont mind me asking? and i have also missed alot of bites out there. Totally different game out there in that deep of water. Braided and a a nice medium action i found is a must!

When do you plan on heading out?  I was going to fish the tournament at Orman on Saturday, but plans fell through.

I was going to go to Orman as well but i have never fished it and i thought going for the the first time and entering a tournament was a bit foolish. But i will be heading out there Saturday morning and try to be there no later than 7am. Past few times i have been showing up at like 9 and caught a few around noon but i would like to see how they bite early.

Offline black hills tj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Depending on what my soccer team's schedule looks like for the tournament this weekend(fishing tourney fell through, so I jumped on a soccer team for the indoor tournament in spearfish), I may meet up with you out there for a bit!

Offline cadreau87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 14, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Sounds good! I drive a standard cab red F350 and park on the dirt turn around so if thats there i am. Hopefully you can show me how to catch some fish lol

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 14, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Cadreau if we don't have to work this weekend, I'd like to get out there a give it a whirl...  I've also been told to try a white berkley power tubes or a big swedish pimple nickle plated with the green on it. 

Offline cadreau87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 14, 2012, 06:43 PM »
Cadreau if we don't have to work this weekend, I'd like to get out there a give it a whirl...  I've also been told to try a white berkley power tubes or a big swedish pimple nickle plated with the green on it. 

The more the marrier! I will have a few buds down there with me. So far I am the only one that has caught any and I am still learning a lot. But I appreciate the tips I will pick that stuff up. And anything I have you are more than welcome to try. Hope to see you down there.

Offline jgouldin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 14, 2012, 07:47 PM »
When i am jigging i have been useing big swedish pimples one blue one nickel platted I have caught some on bass tubes white or green I have my best luck on buck shot rattle spoons I have been putting small shiners on.  Remember that going 100+ feet down your bait will spin and get line twist so i also put  a barrel swivel or something 18 to 36 inches above the bait so the bait can spin on the way down without twisting up your line and spinning for a couple minutes when you get it down.  I have heard fish will not hit baits that are spinning.
Gouldin

Offline cadreau87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 14, 2012, 08:27 PM »
What size pimples or buckshots we talking? I was in roosters today and saw the size 9 I believe it was 1 5/8 ounce, lol some thing that big? And I will throw some swivels on my set UPS cuz that sure makes sense. Thanks for the pointer, I am trying to soak all this stuff up so I can brain dump it all for summer lol.

Offline jgouldin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 14, 2012, 08:38 PM »
I use 5's or 6's but i put bigger or stronger hooks on most of my jigs anymore most of the time.  If you ever do hook into one of those 10 or 15lb they will straighten out or break hook I have never had the problem but my pops has many times back in minn and canada.  And 1/4 to 5/8 on the buckshot
Gouldin

Offline cadreau87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 14, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Thank you much! I appreciative any info I can get. I will be out the Saturday and Sunday more than likely. Been out 3 times this year and got one at 20in and one at 21in. I would love a nice 10lbs, I'm originally from Michigan so everyone is laughing when I send them a pic of a 3 pounder haha

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 15, 2012, 03:27 PM »
What color are ya'll using on the PK Flutter and Buckshots? 

Whatcha say Rooster, if ya'll aren't working you should come out and show us how its done...

I'm gonna print out a lake map tonight, maybe that will help some.  Probably should go get some shinners and salt/freeze them too...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.