Author Topic: Bucket and auger holders for Honda ATV  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Hesperus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bucket and auger holders for Honda ATV
« on: Feb 06, 2012, 04:21 PM »
Looking for suggestions for bucket and auger holders for my Rincon.  Not driving the truck out at all this year as I do not trust the ice one bit.  I have a Cycle Country auger rack on the front, but have to think there is something better out there.  Pretty sure my cycle country unit is now discontinued.

This one is pretty neat concept, but info is vague and quality looks mediocre www.IceAugerCarrier.co m   

Offline CARTMATT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bucket and auger holders for Honda ATV
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:29 AM »
I mounted thick rubber Madd Dogg gun mounts on front rack of my foreman. Worked perfect and has little rubber straps to hold tight! On rear rack I cut the top half off 2 buckets, ran bolt threw to plate under rack. They stay there and tight. Then set my gear buckets in them for transport, works great.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2012, 12:17 PM »
I use these bucket holders on my ATV, but I see Sportsman's Guide is sold out of them.   http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/atv-single-bucket-holder.aspx?a=460999   The local Menards sells them here also. Cabela's also has some bucket racks.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline CARTMATT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2012, 03:38 PM »
The ATV in that pic has the same custom auger holder as mine! :)

Offline Hesperus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Thanks guys I'm looking into these.  I like the simple fork for the auger as I could leave it on year round and use for shovels etc.  My concern is with rough riding and a side to side shimmy will it move?  Looks like it could spin on the rack where it clamps on.

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2012, 09:17 PM »

This is my Honda Rubicon with the Mad Dog auger carrier and the rack was from Sportman's Guide ,i think.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline Hesperus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:14 AM »
Thanks for the pic rlvb and nice perch pile.  Must be in the Dakotas?

I think I'll try some of the Y grips like you guys are showing.  I'll be toting either my Jiffy or Husqvarna so I'm not sure how well the auger specific carriers with the 2 point handle holders will work.

In the rear I've been leaning toward the Kolpin convertible basket provided it is easily removed after ice season.

Offline Hesperus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Well I handled the auger and shovel with a set of ATV Tek dual V grips.  Seems like they will work well.  The Kolpin ones that sratchet/squeeze without bungees are also intriguing to avoid losing straps and get a very secure hold. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.