Author Topic: Showdown troller button problem?  (Read 6341 times)

Offline troutah

• IceShanty Rookie
Showdown troller button problem?
« on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:26 AM »
Has anyone had trouble with their range button on the showdown troller?  It appears my range button isn't working and will only read from 0-20. Any suggestions??

Offline cjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Showdown troller button problem?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2012, 08:50 AM »
Mine works fine so far, no button issues, but I just let it autorange, only thing I have been adjusting is the sensitivity.

Offline Silas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2012, 11:25 PM »
I use my range button all the time.  No problems yet, but this is just my second season.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:59 AM »
Call marcum and talk to Chris. They will take care of you
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline magnumdeke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:47 PM »
mine does the same! Actually on and off only work, still marks bottom but I can not adjust anything. SUX

Offline TT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Had the same problem and Chris (from Marcum) sent me a new unit and told me to return the defective one. The new one works great.

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2015, 01:48 AM »
Just went to fire mine up after getting it for Christmas and it won't even turn on.  Junk

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2015, 06:59 AM »
Had the same problem and Chris (from Marcum) sent me a new unit and told me to return the defective one. The new one works great.

exactly what i would expect if it was during ice fishing time

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2015, 07:05 AM »
You all read the manual right? Push the Range button once and it will flash then the up or down button to adjust. And to turn it on you need to hold it down about 3 seconds to get it to turn on. I own 2 of these and couldn't be happier.
<===Lefty===

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2015, 02:57 PM »
You all read the manual right? Push the Range button once and it will flash then the up or down button to adjust. And to turn it on you need to hold it down about 3 seconds to get it to turn on. I own 2 of these and couldn't be happier.

Yes read the manuel thank you I'm not an idiot.  Mine will not turn on with double As or a 12v battery. Right out of the box (blister pack) its dead.  JUNK

Offline walkndude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2015, 04:01 PM »
The only thing you can try is pressing the on/off button and noise/battery button together. Keep both buttons pressed down until the unit beeps on. Do this while it's disconnected from the 12v battery whip -if there is a loose connection while it's plugged in it won't turn on from the aa's or the 12v.

If that doesn't do the trick the unit is dead, which isn't a rare thing. I went through four of these things before getting one that lasted more than a few weeks. While your at it you might want to look at the top and bottom corners for cracks.

While I have had a lot of fun with it, now that it's a year and a half out of warranty, I can say it's no fun crossing my fingers every time I go to turn it on...

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2015, 04:15 PM »
No one was calling you an idiot, there are times you don't get a Manual with these things. Like my Second one came with out. Just contact Marcum they will make it good.
<===Lefty===

Offline Iceattic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2015, 04:18 PM »
Send it back and get a vexliar.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2015, 06:11 PM »
It's amazing how one issue can determine that all items are "junk". Call Marcum and speak with Mike or Chris with a reasonable attitude and I can guarantee they'll take care of you ASAP.  ::)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2015, 07:12 PM »
I have had the opportunity of owning 3 different Ice Troller units, each one has has button failure.  One had to be serviced twice.  The other units was sold off and or returned.

When it works it works.  When it doesn't you just want to smash it to bits.  Will not buy another again. 

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2015, 07:18 PM »
Wow, three? Ya, that would suck. I probably would want to smash one too.  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2015, 08:21 PM »
I have had the opportunity of owning 3 different Ice Troller units, each one has has button failure.  One had to be serviced twice.  The other units was sold off and or returned.

When it works it works.  When it doesn't you just want to smash it to bits.  Will not buy another again.
Did you sell them on E-bay? So you have one now? I have 2 of them and never had a problem. I am a pretty lucky guy I guess. Better to be lucky then good!
<===Lefty===

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2015, 09:39 PM »
No one was calling you an idiot, there are times you don't get a Manual with these things. Like my Second one came with out. Just contact Marcum they will make it good.

Sorry just frustrated. No place in my town sells them so have to deal with online. Sent an email an haven't received any message back yet.

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2015, 09:41 PM »
It's amazing how one issue can determine that all items are "junk". Call Marcum and speak with Mike or Chris with a reasonable attitude and I can guarantee they'll take care of you ASAP.  ::)

Never said ALL ITEMS ARE JUNK  just the POS that I got. Was just lucky I guess. 

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2015, 09:44 PM »
Send it back and get a vexliar.

I have a humminbird ice 35.  I wanted to get the Marcum depth finder ( witch work really good) They are the same price I can get the Ice troller for and Use the ice troller for run and gun. Plus it's supposed to mark bottom through the ice like the Marcum depth sonar. Should have just bought the depth sonar.  :-\

Offline walkndude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2015, 10:19 PM »
I have a humminbird ice 35.  I wanted to get the Marcum depth finder ( witch work really good) They are the same price I can get the Ice troller for and Use the ice troller for run and gun. Plus it's supposed to mark bottom through the ice like the Marcum depth sonar. Should have just bought the depth sonar.  :-\

If you don't care about the zoom you could rma that thing back to Amazon, get a refund, and buy the original troller direct from Rapala for $125.99($139.99-10% email promo) plus free shipping. You even get a mini Rapala digital scale thrown in for nothing.

http://www.rapala.com/marcum/fish-finders-sonar/showdown-troller/SHWD-T.html?start=1&cgid=marcum-sonar

10% off email promo:

http://www.rapala.com/content/rapala-promotions/customer-online-promotion-details.html?id=1

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2015, 03:21 AM »
Thats where I bought it from was through Rapala. Got the discount price and the scale.  For something that was made in the USA it should at least turn on. Disappointing

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 04, 2015, 09:31 PM »
The problem with the Ice Trollers is that water can get behind the battery terminals and rust/corrode them.  Once that happens the buttons will stop working.  Bought one last year and it worked find the first 2 times out with it.  Third time out the zoom button wouldn't work.  Then the other buttons stopped working.  Back of the battery terminals were rusted.  Returned it to the store for a refund.

Hopefully the redesign the Ice Troller, it's a good easy to use unit but it should be fully waterproof.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.