Author Topic: Pineview 2-1-12  (Read 1304 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Pineview 2-1-12
« on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Decided its been long enough and i have been dying to hit my crappie spot from last year. No snowmobile this trip, so just a nice afternoon walk  ;D got to port ramp at 230 got to my spot by 245, good thing its still a bit slick the jet sled barely felt like it was behind me. Of course i packed light. Drilled about 30 holes and started droppin the finder. The key spot seemed to be in about 45-49fow. Was marking fish up about 2ft SWEET hopefully their some slabs. Got the rods down and was getting chases up to 3ft so for sure i thought i had found them here again but as i hooked my first fish and got it to the ice turned out all the fish i was marking were perch. Oh well they still cook up just as good  :thumbsup: and no skunk. So over the next 3 hours i managed to pull two more and miss around 8. Was really suprised anything was biting with this storm rolling in and i could feel the temps plummet around 430-5. Seemed like i was marking some pretty big fish down there. The 2 bigger ones are 9-10in and the smaller 1 was 8in

The 2nd one i got puked up a 2in baby crappie. Dont know how he had room in there to eat my offerings

After it got dark i walked all the holes i drilled dropping the finder in everyone and i didnt see 1 suspended fish so it looks like the search is on, Now if we could just get another inch or two of snow i will be taking the snowmobile. Plenty of ice. On my way past the narrows there was like 6 or 7 vehicles there so the night bite must still be on down there. I though that place would be fished out by now with all the pressure its been getting
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pineview 2-1-12
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:34 AM »
well done sir, i sure hope PV gets back on an up swing soon... 

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:09 PM »
We were there on Wednesday as well.  We caught 4 crappie between 3 of us out from the pump house in 50 feet of water.  Largest was 13.5 inches and the smallest about 8 inches.  We had my snomobile and my neighbors quad.  We had zero problems getting on and off at the Port Ramp.  We left about 4:00PM.  Sorry we didn't connect.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:29 PM »
well done sir, i sure hope PV gets back on an up swing soon... 

thx duneman. Me tooo

We were there on Wednesday as well.  We left about 4:00PM.  Sorry we didn't connect.

Hey dubob I seen you guys head out, I was out in the middle of the lake by myself north of the boat ramp towards the yatch club. That was my white chev with a white shell parked at the edge of the ice on the north side of ramp. Well atleast you guys got into a few crappies. Has that area you guys were in been gettin hit pretty hard? I did notice some lites over there when I came off around 7. Going to be in the same area tomorrow with my buddy and a few kids in a gray 4dr ford  till about 11 plan on being there at 7 so if anyones up stop and say hi 
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:41 AM »
Has that area you guys were in been gettin hit pretty hard?
There was a grundle (a very large amount  ;D) of old holes in the ice where we were at.  Its been hammered a lot.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2012, 02:41 AM »
I know i hear ya, its hard to find areas with not so much pressure on such a small body of water. Well as the fish gods would have it we all managed to get the skunk today  :'( marked alot, some schools up to 3ft off the bottom thought maybe i coulda snagged one with the way the colors were looking on my finder. Really hard to figure what the they want this year  ??? guess i might just have to go back to the night bite, sure seemed to be alot more productive
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.