Author Topic: Marcum LX-7 Ver 2.9 How ya like it now?  (Read 10476 times)

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Marcum LX-7 Ver 2.9 How ya like it now?
« on: Feb 01, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Starting this new thread to talk about the LX-7 with the update.

I just got off the lake and all I can say is WOW, this is the cats butt now. I am extremely pleased with the job they did with the update. The bottom is rock solid, I can set my lure on the bottom and just start to pick it up and it shows it on the display. I had the flasher display up for a little bit but I am really into the vertical and zoom and chart. They added a 10 foot depth selection for manual mode which is great since my local lake has a small spot that is maybe 12 feet deep, and the majority is under 8 feet. Dynamic Depth seems to start at 10 feet and beyond. The sensitivity setting was updated and can be dialed right down now which really is awesome and the target ID actually does something now when you change the setting. I took some pictures that I will add a little later.  ;D ;D :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marcum LX-7 Ver 2.9 How ya like it now?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:14 PM »
another thread.  ???

Offline KIMMER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:17 PM »
I'm so fricken jealous now!....because i'll have to hang mine over the side of the boat to try out the new update here in sw michigan.  Crazy weather this year, but I just did the update with ease and i'm eager to try it out!  I played with it in simulation mode, but it's just not the same as on a lake.  How did the line thickness seem on zoom mode and did the line on zoom seem to move well with your jig or still flicker like before the update?

Offline DB_Cooper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:22 PM »
another thread.  ???

if you don't like it don't read it
ya gotta pay to play!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:34 PM »
if you don't like it don't read it
No offense intended DB, It just gets hard on my little brain! BTW, I like the update so far! :thumbsup:
With love, Prospector ;D

Offline DB_Cooper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:36 PM »
didn't mean to be mean but i don't like it when the vexie guys come on these threads to complain.  Also not to get off the subject, but I will be leaving tomorrow at noon for a four day session with my 7.  I will look forward to the new posts when i get back and to putting my out also.
ya gotta pay to play!

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:44 PM »
  How did the line thickness seem on zoom mode and did the line on zoom seem to move well with your jig or still flicker like before the update?

It was a little thick yet in zoom mode (TO ME), but did not flicker at all. Matter of fact it is rock solid in all the views now.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:51 PM »
didn't mean to be mean but i don't like it when the vexie guys come on these threads to complain.  Also not to get off the subject, but I will be leaving tomorrow at noon for a four day session with my 7.  I will look forward to the new posts when i get back and to putting my out also.
Headed out in the morning with mine. I hope sleep will come. Tight lines to all fellow field testing guinea pigs as we are called. Don't forget the Lowrance guys... some of them are in a wad about how stupid we are too. ;)

Offline ryan johnson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2012, 08:16 PM »
sweet dynamic depth is back... and the 1-25 sensitivity was my only wish..and to have the depth on the flasher only..the same as when i have the graph on the side..

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2012, 08:25 PM »
sweet dynamic depth is back... and the 1-25 sensitivity was my only wish..and to have the depth on the flasher only..the same as when i have the graph on the side..
x2 on the graph/vertical display.

Offline PauliePiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2012, 01:33 AM »
I updated mine today,thanks for the head up on the update being available.I fish mostly 10fow of water and had it working ok,but was not to the level I expected and can't wait to see what the changes have done.I will say I am happy with the LX7 so far and the update came sooner than expected.I even had my 11 y/o daughter catching fish with my LX7 and she said"dad,it like catching fish on a video game,this is awesome!"
ICE THOSE FISH!!!

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:20 AM »
I updated mine today,thanks for the head up on the update being available.I fish mostly 10fow of water and had it working ok,but was not to the level I expected and can't wait to see what the changes have done.I will say I am happy with the LX7 so far and the update came sooner than expected.I even had my 11 y/o daughter catching fish with my LX7 and she said"dad,it like catching fish on a video game,this is awesome!"

You should be very happy with it now, they added a 10 foot depth. It looks like 10 foot is the smallest scale even in Dynamic.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:33 AM »
I got out yesterday with my "new" updated 7.  I can echo all of Gillfisher's observations.  It's a "new" tool and awesome.  Back out today and I'm going to try to get some screen shots - I have been posting in the original 7 thread.  Good to see this "fresh" start.  @)

Offline PauliePiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2012, 06:19 AM »
FISHFORPIKE,Have you tried the vertical zoom and chart running together on the screen?That is how I usually run mine,and it is slick as heck!
ICE THOSE FISH!!!

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2012, 12:03 PM »
Do you guys know if marcum added anymore adjustability to the ping speed or is it still max at 4?

Offline roverman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2012, 12:26 PM »
Ping still at 4 from what I see on my updated unit.

-Roverman

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2012, 03:21 PM »
FISHFORPIKE,Have you tried the vertical zoom and chart running together on the screen?That is how I usually run mine,and it is slick as heck!
Yep - It's my favorite screen and it's awesome.  Ping speed is fine by me. I went from 4 to 3 today.  Was back out today and still working great.  Too bad I could not get a good fish to hit.  @)  One thing I noticed with the dynamic depth - I was in 33 FOW and some crappie came through at 24.  The dynamic depth adjusted the bottom to the fish  ???  Went right back after the school went through.  Strange.

Offline Mojo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2012, 03:43 PM »
now maybe everyone can get back to making some positive posts and quit bashing marcum

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2012, 04:18 PM »
One thing I noticed with the dynamic depth - I was in 33 FOW and some crappie came through at 24.  The dynamic depth adjusted the bottom to the fish  ???  Went right back after the school went through.

I noticed when I had fish stacked up on bottom it was doing the same thing, also my #5 Jigging Rapala was making the unit show the bottom higher than it was. I could at times get it to show up to 6" shallower with the Jigging Rap, I was fishing in 7.5 feet of water. It's like they made the bottom pickup adjustment to sensitve to compensate for the jumping around.  ???

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:19 PM »
I noticed when I had fish stacked up on bottom it was doing the same thing, also my #5 Jigging Rapala was making the unit show the bottom higher than it was. I could at times get it to show up to 6" shallower with the Jigging Rap, I was fishing in 7.5 feet of water. It's like they made the bottom pickup adjustment to sensitve to compensate for the jumping around.  ???
Yes, I saw that today as well.  Using a RAP and I reeled up about 15 ft in 33 FOW to catch a crappie.  After my Rap was at 18 FOW for a few moments, tyne bottom "came up".  Dis that a couple of times out of maybe 25. Actually, I think I adjusted my SENS down one notch and that issue disappeared.  Still trying lots of different settings so it's difficult to remember what I did when.  Need to keep notes I guess.  :P

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:43 PM »
FFP - Yeah notes is probably a must, I cant remember squat, plus there are so many settings. I did remember to save my settings today so that when I am messing around I can get back to where I had it set good. It would be nice to be able to save more setups and be able to name them for the Lake you are fishing. I sure am loving this unit, might have to sell the vex now.  @)

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2012, 06:32 PM »
Nice to know the update did you guys some good!!
Sounds like a great unit now. :tipup:

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Offline Quantrel

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waugh!! I have the hair of the BEAR in me!!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2012, 06:53 PM »
Question:
Reported that you need a USB to Mini USB cable to  update information.
If the cable is not supplied on purchase I have to assume you could use a USB to Mini USB cable off a printer and save $20.00 :tipup:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Question:
Reported that you need a USB to Mini USB cable to  update information.
If the cable is not supplied on purchase I have to assume you could use a USB to Mini USB cable off a printer and save $20.00 :tipup:

Yes you can as long as it is USB 2.0, the lower ones will cause a timeout and will not work, or worse cause your unit to lockup.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #24 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:06 PM »
FFP - Yeah notes is probably a must, I cant remember squat, plus there are so many settings. I did remember to save my settings today so that when I am messing around I can get back to where I had it set good. It would be nice to be able to save more setups and be able to name them for the Lake you are fishing. I sure am loving this unit, might have to sell the vex now.  @)
Yeh - I got my settings saved today.  I said a while back that it would be nice to be able to save multiple versions of the settings.  That should be an easy add-on for the MARCUM group  ;)  I had an offer on my LX-5 today - thinking seriously of taking it.  I like the graph so much that I don't think I want to go back to a flasher style display  ;D  It's amazing how quickly I became acquainted with that graph.  :flex:

FISHFORPIKE

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:22 AM »
Here are a few screen shots from yesterday.

I keep getting "Sorry, that page was not found" when I click the link.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #27 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:37 AM »
I keep getting "Sorry, that page was not found" when I click the link.
Maybe now?
Man I gotta get out on the ice.  I'll catch up to this later if it's still not working.  The PICASA thing is new to me.

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:43 AM »
Good luck fishing, the link works now

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:57 AM »
Thanks for the pics FFP
Jig em up!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.