New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: i can't believe this!!!!!!  (Read 1868 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
i can't believe this!!!!!!
« on: Jan 29, 2012, 11:18 AM »
i just  left  phoenix   where  i  was  checking  for  open  water  i  can  drop my  3  lb  kayak  anchor  and  punch  holes  in  the  ice  ...some  fool  was  ice  fishing    he's  cut  holes  up   both  sides  of  the  wall  and  crawled  on  his  belly  accross  the   canal  !!!!  WHY????? God  man if  anyone  needs  fish  that  bad  let  us  know  well  send  you  some  !!!!!   

even  tho  the  gene  pool  would  rise  if  you  went  in  please  don't  do  stuff  that  STUPID  ...  you  must have  family    not  to  mention  endangering  the    rescue  personal  to  pull  ypur  body  out  .....

IT"S  NOT  WORTH IT!!!!!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: i can't believe this!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:32 PM »
update!   the  phoenix  police  removed  several  people  from  the  ice  and  the  oswego  county  rescue   came  down  ...thanks  guys  for  the  fast  reponce!!!!  you  guys  are  heros ....i'm  not  posting  pictures  of  the  foolish  but  this  is  what i  witnessed  and  really  wonder  whats  wrong  with people

our  heros  that were  willing  to  risk life  to  save  dim wits!  thanks  guys

8  holes  drilled  on  less then  3  inches  of  ice

scary  ain't it?

i seen guys  crawl on there  bellys  across this  ...TO FISH!!!!!

if  you  blow  this  up it looks  like someone went in

think about the cost  police  officers time and  car  rescue  personal  and  vec's  the  911  dispatcher  this all cost the tax  payers  not to mention possiable loss  of  life ....got to rate in the top 10 stupid things i ever seen

to  top  it  off  50  yards away  they  could  have  fished  in open  water  unbelieveable

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:33 PM »
I am always amaed at how people are willing to risk their lives to catch a few fish.   :cookoo:
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline FROZENGOOSE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:37 PM »
wow people are dumb ive been on ice that thin but i was also on a flat bottom boat
just for the fun of it, let them go haddeck taste better

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:54 PM »
All I can say is wow
Just enjoying life

Offline troutguy1377

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • soak your jig in cider
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Unreal, these guys not only put themselves in danger but the lives of the emergency response teams also. Very selfish and stupid people.

Offline 12icashdollar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2012, 05:56 PM »
Did they catch any fish. Lol

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Did they catch any fish. Lol

Really?.... ???

...my woman just showed me a pic of a few guys I know braggin about how they were fishin 5 ft from open water...STUPID.
It'll eat.

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:28 PM »
lol i wonder if the did get any
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:34 PM »
i know  they  had  none  in the  buckets  when they were taken off the  ice  .....i think a  perch  woulda  pulled  them threw  the  ice  to be  honest   :roflmao:

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:01 PM »
As we say at work...CFS. Can't Fix Stupid
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Nope you cant...seems to be quite a few out there...quite a few on here as well ::)
It'll eat.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:09 PM »

Darwin still has room for those of great intelect

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:10 PM »
Nope you cant...seems to be quite a few out there...quite a few on here as well ::)

Ya think?  How's the ice?   Where they biting?  Tell me now!!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline fowlweather92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:42 PM »
i had one of my best days on 2 3/4 to 3 inches of ice. im glad i didnt go through and looking back now i wouldnt have fished as deep as i did. lol.  ;D

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:48 PM »
did anybody find my auger yet?
It'll eat.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:28 PM »
i had one of my best days on 2 3/4 to 3 inches of ice. im glad i didnt go through and looking back now i wouldnt have fished as deep as i did. lol.  ;D
but was it after a warm spell with rain  ??? i to have fished thin ice but not after these conditions ,it is pushing the envelope

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:55 PM »

was  it  in  a  canal   beneth  locks   with  running  water  and  ice  you  can  see  threw    and  open  water   both  sides    and  open  holes  everywhere  lol  ...i  only  guessed  2  1/2  to  3  i  didn't  get  on and  measure   :roflmao:............

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:42 AM »
...i  only  guessed 2  1/2  to  3  i  didn't  get  on and measure   :roflmao:............
Then it is possible that ice was hard, and 4 inches, AND SAFE?   :-\  You wouldn't know would you... ;) 

There's a distinct line between being safe ON ICE and being SCARED on shore guessing... :P

I was on Big bay yesterday, 20 guys already around me ..two guys came out scared and drilling holes every couple feet, not sure if they were safe ...talking about how much they weighed between them..LOOKING in the holes they drilled AND GUESSING there was only 3 inches of ice, never measured (4.5-6 inches in the holes i did measure, ) ,  ::)  or opened their eyes to the big picture of a crowd of guys fishing together every day!  ;D

Black ice LOOKS thinner than it really is, especially if you don't get on it and drill it AND MEASURE IT!
 I can't stand shore gawkers who call in rescue and cops, to tell me to get off ice that is SAFE, when they stand on shore without an auger or the common sense to use one before they tell me "IT'S NOT SAFE OUT THERE WHERE YOU ARE".. :cookoo:

:cookoo: :cookoo:

Really?  How would you know from over there?  ;) ;D

I agree, there's no ice that is ever totally safe, but there's also no reason to not be totally safe on ANY ice....

Inexperience and stupidity kills people...

Experience and wisdom keeps the rest of us safe on top!  :)

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:54 AM »
Idiots! Hopefully these people are sterile so we can weed out there stupidity... there the ones that have kids who eat rocks!
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:17 AM »
I can't stand shore gawkers who call in rescue and cops, to tell me to get off ice that is SAFE, when they stand on shore without an auger or the common sense to use one before they tell me "IT'S NOT SAFE OUT THERE WHERE YOU ARE"

Agree 100% here.

Offline trapperjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:58 AM »
CRAAAAAAZZY  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.