Author Topic: Warm Mitts  (Read 870 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Warm Mitts
« on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:44 PM »
I am looking to buy the best, warmest mitts made. I figured you people could point me in the right direction. I want them for fishing and trail riding. Also a ball park price if you know.  Thanks for any help or tips.

WS

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Warm Mitts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:59 PM »
For cold weather gear I wear beaver mitts and hat, both made locally.  The mitts are huge and not good for working in, but for ridding in extream cold they are the best.  I take them off when baiting or getting traps ready to set and then slip them back on and they stay warm. 
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2012, 08:01 PM »
Warm Northern mitts look like this. ;)
As jigginfrogs says they are pretty tough to do fiddly stuff with, but they sure do keep your hands warm.   ;D

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2012, 12:48 AM »
Joka therm Finnish mittens 

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2012, 01:19 AM »
Mitts with plenty of room. Even mediocre mitts will keep you toasty if you put those Grabber Mycoal hand warmer packs in them. Last 4-5 hours with good heat. Up to 7 hours if really freshly manufactured. You can buy them bulk, ten pairs of the hand warmer size for $5 on sale. Best way to guarantee warm hands. 

TIP: If you end up with any packets not used by the end of winter I would suggest using a vacuum packer and putting all your extra packets in a "seal-a-meal" bag and seal them until the next winter. The packets will eventually "leak" enough oxygen to make them unusable over  a few years time. In a vac bag the packets will stay fresh forever.
~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:37 AM »
The newer Ice Armour Mittens are kinda Snow Machine style and have a zippered pocket on top for hand warmers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.