Author Topic: Set-up tips  (Read 642 times)

Offline polski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's never to cold too drink beer
Set-up tips
« on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Without electronic I set up my tip ups with live shiner 18in off bottom and dead one 6pm or less off bottom. What's everybody else doing or any good tips. Thanks

Offline schaffman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Set-up tips
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Dude,

Could you provide less information?   Where are you fishing, what are you fishing for etc.    I'm sure people will offer tips but you have to give us a bit more info.   ;)

Offline polski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's never to cold too drink beer
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:13 AM »
Pickerel bass perch anything to keep the kids running just throwing it out there. Started the topic because I'm bored at work

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:40 AM »
You've given enough info....and I get being bored!

Live bait anywhere from a few to 18" off bottom.
Dead bait very close to bottom.

If no flags, change bait depths on half of your tilts. If that doesn't work move holes. :tipup:

Offline NorthEastFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:10 PM »
find weeds by looking at maps and set out on the deeper side of the weeds probably 2 feet off the bottom for bass and other fish but for pickerel i set up mid way or if you're in the weeds then above them where it gets thin. i usually set up and give myself a certain time and if nothing bites by then then i will move to a different spot.
Team CT 203
YouTube Channel: NorthEastFisherman

Offline hoppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:42 PM »
I would also consider setting the kids up with jigging poles also while the flags are down. We all know there can be some SLOW flag days. Nothing worse then standing around for 6 hours without a flag to run for. With jigging.....it keeps them busy and better yet the are probably more likely to atleist put some panfish on the ice. Catching fish is probably going to be the differance between happy kids and bored kids.

Offline NorthEastFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:51 PM »
Yeah I fin jiggin for smaller fish but more is more fun then getting a good sized pickerel and that's all
Team CT 203
YouTube Channel: NorthEastFisherman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.