Author Topic: Lowrance elite 5 Ice machine!  (Read 20943 times)

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
Re: Lowrance elite 5 Ice machine!
« Reply #60 on: Feb 08, 2012, 11:35 PM »
I just bought a 67c "upgrading" from a marcum lx-3tc.  I've read the manual and all posts but never associated the gain of the marcum to the sensitivity of the Lowrance till evo's last post.   But I'm pretty sure that is what they do comparatively.   Any thoughts guys......;.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Feb 09, 2012, 06:26 AM »
Color line was at 43% I adjust my sensitivity accordingly. Every jig/lure will give off a different return strength also depending on how deep you fish.

I just checked my machine and my colorline is roughly the same... I wonder if it is the background color mode.  Right now, I've been using Ice View.

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:07 AM »
I just bought a 67c "upgrading" from a marcum lx-3tc.  I've read the manual and all posts but never associated the gain of the marcum to the sensitivity of the Lowrance till evo's last post.   But I'm pretty sure that is what they do comparatively.   Any thoughts guys......;.
yep

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:09 AM »
I just checked my machine and my colorline is roughly the same... I wonder if it is the background color mode.  Right now, I've been using Ice View.
White background, ice view, and shallow watermode.

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:34 AM »
Got ya... Have you used it on a soft bottom?  I seem to not get a lot of interference on the last foot and half when I use it on soft bottom, but not on hard.  any suggestions?

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 09, 2012, 08:45 AM »
Got ya... Have you used it on a soft bottom?  I seem to not get a lot of interference on the last foot and half when I use it on soft bottom, but not on hard.  any suggestions?
Interference from bottom? Only interference I get is from other unit in close proximity and I clear that right up with the noise rejection.

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Feb 09, 2012, 10:49 AM »
My Noise is always on even when I'm not around other electronics, I don't really play with the settings as much as I should.  Maybe when the bite gets slow this weekend I"ll screw around with it.

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Feb 09, 2012, 02:11 PM »
Definitely leave it off unless your getting interference from another unit.

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 09, 2012, 09:53 PM »
will def. do that.  Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.