The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: off topic (abs small two man pontoon boat)  (Read 951 times)

Offline swampdonkeyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
off topic (abs small two man pontoon boat)
« on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:21 PM »
i found a good deal on a sun dolphin sportsman boat. Anyone ever use one of these before and if so how did you like it?
fish on

Offline swampdonkeyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: off topic (abs small two man pontoon boat)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:46 PM »
its just a little duffer. 8 ft x 48 inchs. Mainly fish some small lakes and ponds and some bays on lower end of champlain.
fish on

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:55 AM »
If the price is right you can always sell it if you don't like it.

I was thinking along the same lines a few years back. A few thoughts:

Will it fish 2? If not, can 1 man load it?
A kayak is a great platform for a single Guy.

I ended up picking up an aluminum 14' for a fair deal. This lets me out on the big lake on nice days and fishes the rivers like a dream. I also bow fish and spear off it. I'm happy I saved up a little more. For ponds I have a kayak I like also, it just needs some rod holders.

Anyway you look at it getting out on the water opens up tons of fishing opportunities.

Offline swampdonkeyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:24 AM »
i spend alot of time fishing alone anyhow. Seems how i get days off during the week most of the time. The guy that currently owns it says it fishes two and he even duck hunts with it with two people. Id like a 14 ft mv jon boat but dont really have anyweres to keep it. This little boat i can pull the motor off and keep it in the spare bedroom.
fish on

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2012, 09:00 AM »
I here you. Storage is always an issue. 14' mv jon all welded is just what I have.
With the little pontoon you do get to use an elec trolling motor, good point. They work great. Its my primary when chasing Eyes in the rivers or trolling the lake. Sounds like a good call for you. Again anything to get you out, I've seen guys drift their float tubes down the Winoski fishing bass, whatever it takes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.