Author Topic: FISHHEAD ON ICE -Tuesday on the St.Lawrence perch hole  (Read 2358 times)

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!

Our fingers where raw from baiting hooks & taken fish off,plus it was pouring rain & the fog rolled in on us & you couldnt see 30 yards, it was like being on the moon or something!!! small price to pay to have so much fun & to have really good eats, FISH, Its not just for dinner anymore!!!LOL

My buddy Jim(Baldi), we slammed the perch today on emerald shiners, all nice ones for our spring fish fry

My bucket fell over and all my fish were swimin around my shanty, did 1 nice pike today

Black Lake has been good to me this year with lots of SLABS over 10 inches,love fishin crappie!

Some nice slab crappie my girl & I are cleaning for our folks. Thank heaven for my new electric fillet knife, it took us 35 min to fillet,trim,& vacum seal 2 buckets of perch and 20 crappie for our annual spring fish fry, cant wait till my birthday in april!!! YUM.  FISH-ON
I FISH, THEREFORE I AM, IN SEARCH OF THE HEDI MOGIN !!!!HAVE ROD WILL TRAVEL!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Fishhead4268/IceShanty_Banner21.png

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
Re: FISHHEAD ON ICE -Tuesday on the St.Lawrence perch hole
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Hey slip bob, My girl bought me the anglers best cordless fillet knife and I love the thing!!  It does a great job, its quick, it cleans up easy and its cordless so you can clean the fish anywhere!!  I never wanted one but my buddy got one last year and we would get home and he would call me and I would still be cleaning fish and hed be watchin football!!  Its priceless, especially if you eat fish like we do,especially panfish,little waste no time at all.Check one out you wont be sorry!!  FISH-ON

Offline fishman247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2005, 05:02 PM »
WOW u guys hammered them.  Good eatin there.  Nice job

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2005, 06:43 PM »

When and where is the fish-fry....LOL...nice catch!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

JimM111

« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Some of those fish look really small. How much meat can you get off a 3 inch perch?

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2005, 09:23 PM »
 Nice job, 35 mins to clean is a short period for all those fish, took us longer than that for 90 perch, looks like you had more than that.
Jason

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2005, 10:41 PM »
You must have been in perch heaven.  Let me know when the fish fry is.. ;D
Nice catch.....

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2005, 04:03 AM »
I waste no fish, everything that hits the ice gets cleaned and eatin!!  Some of the smaller fish had swallowed the hooks so I keep them instead of them backstrokin in my hole. My girl and I have a system where we are like an assembly line and like I said thank heaven for electric fillet knifes.  I only eat Crappie,Perch, and gills and only in the winter, to mushy in the summer so I keep alot of fish in the winter and stock the uprite with vacum sealed bags. No fish gets wasted or left on the ice or uncleaned. The St Lawrence is an awsome perch fishery,just got to know where to look and when to change your tactics,all these fish came on emerald shinners on a two hook (aberdines) droper system fish on boys!!!

Offline Ice Crazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2005, 09:52 AM »
You guys know their is a limit on perch!!!! 50 per man. Their's over 100 on the ice not including the ones in the bucket. Just to let you know.

Offline 1coldchemist

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater fanatic!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2005, 01:43 PM »
I've been using an electric knife for several years now (a non-cordless mister twister) and I would never go back.  I never really learned how to fillet properly with a regular knife and was never very good at it.  With the electric it's night and day.  It still takes me awhile but usually the fillets are gorgeous.  Of couse I have to tell you I don't know how many fish I would cut right in half before I got used to the darn thing.  It actually helps if the blades are a little dull :).  As for cleaning little perch nothing beats popcorn perch fillets in my opinion!
mmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . . ice

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2005, 02:06 PM »
I know the regs where I fish Ice crazy!!!  If you read what I wrote under my pics I said I was up to the St.Lawrence in one of my perch spots, I fish legal and I hunt legal and there is no exceptions!!!!  I waste nothing and only take what I need, I keep fish only in winter, they are mush any other time(to me anyway) and I only eat perch, crappie and gills.  My in-laws ask me for fish so I hook them up also.I have fished with some guys from ice shanty, they know how I am and my passion for our rivers, lakes, & streams and our fishery!!  I work on a charter boat on lake Ontario from April to september and see all the time people taking slot laker's and over there limits of salmon, I try to police my own fishing spots from the scum who leave there garbage on the ice and in the parking areas and half the time I go out with my sled in tow I end up bringing more garbage home to the trash can than what I left with. Worry about whats important not about what you think you know, I don't mean to seem on edge but you don't know me, you don't see my hole on the ice littered with dinks when I walk away from it, if they cant swim away they come home!!!  Its that simple, worry about the ones who don't know there regs, there is alot of them!!!

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Thats a heck of a bunch of fish!  Way to go!

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Fishhead,
Nice pics, thanks for posting them.  Looks like you were going to be cleaning fish for days.  Wish I had that problem.
Carp

bonkfan14

« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2005, 04:49 PM »
hey jim when we gonna fish? im not gonna be at the derby this weekend gonna go get some calies. dude im free every weekend and im off on mon the 21st. so ill try to hook up with you soon. i would show you my pics but cant seem to get them to post . well ill talk to you later and good hunting........zeke

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.