Author Topic: groveland mine ponds  (Read 1848 times)

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
groveland mine ponds
« on: Jan 24, 2012, 04:14 AM »
Well Genes pond is slowing down. Wondering if anybody is hitting the mine ponds? Have not talked to anybody who has been there yet this year. A well kept secret????   Steve

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Re: groveland mine ponds
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2012, 01:48 PM »
I was just there on Sunday. The fish are biting, but size is an issue. The biggest gill we landed was 9", average was 6", LOTS of 4"ers. Ice is solid, about 14".

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline michlw39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2012, 09:35 PM »
I was just there on Sunday. The fish are biting, but size is an issue. The biggest gill we landed was 9", average was 6", LOTS of 4"ers. Ice is solid, about 14".

Same report. I was out there this afternoon. The action was so crazy I could only handle one line in one hole--BUT...LOTS of small ones. I kept enough to make some chowder. A great place to take the kids, though.

I will add it's kinda sloppy underneath the snow on the ice right now. Make sure you've got waterproof boots.

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2012, 07:59 AM »
were are these ponds located at? near houghton or chassell? or within an hour of them?
Dusty Gagnon... you buy the bait i'll catch the fish!
:icefish:

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2012, 09:49 AM »
were are these ponds located at? near houghton or chassell? or within an hour of them?

They're a couple of hours away from you, in Dickinson county.

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2012, 08:54 AM »
dang... how is fishing down there?  ???
Dusty Gagnon... you buy the bait i'll catch the fish!
:icefish:

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Well kinda slow for me, I haven't 'landed on 'em' very often this season. It hasn't stopped me from tryin' though.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.