Author Topic: X67c Problem with Depth Display  (Read 1157 times)

Offline skitterpop

• IceShanty Rookie
X67c Problem with Depth Display
« on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:51 PM »
My depth display jumps around like crazy.  The transducer is suspended properly and is hanging straight.  I have included a 15 second video of this happening.  Anyone else with this problem?

View My Video

Offline snuffcan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: X67c Problem with Depth Display
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Does it do this everywhere, or was it just at that one spot. My depth will fluctuate rapidly at times but only by a very small amount of depth .(changes by tenths of a foot at a time) I figured mine was because of an uneven lake  bottom and the bottom of the cone was having trouble deciding where to set up. In your case, there's a bigger range of depths that its bouncing to, so unless your  fishing along a steep irregular drop I'm stumped?  ???

Offline skitterpop

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:09 PM »
Most of the areas I fish at relatively flat bottomed or slightly sloped.  It is a new unit and  has been doing this for the past several weeks, it worked well the first several times out.  Sometimes the changes in depth  are dramatic and sometimes minor, but the speed at which it changes can become so fast that the readout will look like a blur.  Some times it will settle down and give correct steady reading for a short period of time. 

Offline JMJ IA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Mine jumps around a bit when the bottom is weedy but not quit like your video shows... Was the bottom weedy in the spot where the video was shot...?
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.  ~Author Unknown

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Do you have it in auto depth? Exactly what are your settings?

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Has it always done this....is it a new machine for you?

Like someone else said...check that its not in auto depth mode.

From your video your voltage looks low.

Are you on a steep drop off? Seems weird for the bottom to be at 7' on the graph yet registering 10'

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline Tosh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:53 PM »
mine did something like this, what had happened was i actually punctured a small hole in the transducer cable (water was getting inside the cable and my machine was glitching out). i must have done it on the side of a hole and put some marine grade silicon on it and rubber taped it. if the machine works properly out of water you will know its the cable. good luck!!

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:01 PM »
The times I see things like that is when I am outside fishing and the wind is blowing the transducer float around the hole. That tends to get the ducer shimmying and the readings will jump around. If I can get the wind blocked it settles down. The other option is once you know the deoth, if the rest of the unit is working correctly you can turn the depth off or make the numbers smaller.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2012, 04:27 AM »

OK i looked at film clip try this your only in 11' of water there is no need to have it on 4x zoom try 2 x or none at all and looks like your sensitivity is up some to this may help ,on mine i only run 2x in 30'fow and no trouble seeing the fish at all ,good luck

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Try this, seems he is familiar with your machine,
OK i looked at film clip try this your only in 11' of water there is no need to have it on 4x zoom try 2 x or none at all and looks like your sensitivity is up some to this may help ,on mine i only run 2x in 30'fow and no trouble seeing the fish at all ,good luck
If that doesn`t do the trick -->
mine did something like this, what had happened was i actually punctured a small hole in the transducer cable (water was getting inside the cable and my machine was glitching out). i must have done it on the side of a hole and put some marine grade silicon on it and rubber taped it. if the machine works properly out of water you will know its the cable. good luck!!
I have seen this also , not on the OP machine but my own , a Vexilar FL-18. I had a small cut in the ducer line rite next to the puck itself. Vex sent out a new ducer & cable w/ stops for nuttin. Check your cable closely

Offline In the Dark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2012, 03:29 PM »
Do you have chart manual mode checked?  If not, you want that checked.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.