Author Topic: Paddock  (Read 1433 times)

Offline treadhead

• IceShanty Rookie
Paddock
« on: Jan 16, 2012, 04:15 PM »
Has anyone been up to Paddock Reservoir this winter? I have fished it in the fall several times and done really good on Crappie and Bluegill, but I have never seen it mentioned for ice fishing.

Offline JigginInID

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Paddock
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Might be worth a look. Was thinking of checking it out myself in a couple of weeks. That or Crane Creek.

Offline treadhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:13 PM »
I made a run up this morning. The ice is great, about 12 inches thick. The wind was horrible with gusts strong enough to blow my sled around. Stayed for an hour and a half and only 3 bites. I might try again in a week or so if we get a nice day.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2012, 05:40 PM »
Treadhead,

Paddock? You were up at Paddock?!!! Buddy of mine fished it this summer(he's kinda like perchmasterson, catch all the fish when no one else can) LOL Said he thought is was pretty much dead.

I may rearrange my plans for the weekend and get him to go with me...

Hogger

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Treadhead, were you at the dam?
I am assuming that between the first boat launch and the dam is the best place to try.
I have been fighting the urge to go up there, looks like I will have give it a go. Some of the biggest bluegill I have caught came from Paddock, but that was before the low water years, although, I've heard there are some holdovers.
Jeez, one more place to put on the list!

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:29 PM »
C'mon Perch Freak...really? One more, CLOSER, place to ice fish on the list....can it be all that horrible? LOL
If so, I'm all about horrible...

Hogger

Offline JigginInID

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Yeah, used to catch some really nice slabs outta there back in the day. Heard some mixed reports this year. I'm heading there Saturday to check it out.

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Hogger,
I know I know....it's horrible having so many places to choose from!  ::)

P.S. I'm still planning to get those clips from you at some point.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2012, 07:38 PM »
well I think I may have too make a trip up there next week, would like too check it out, I have only fished cascade....
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline treadhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2012, 10:35 PM »
I tried about half way between the boat ramp and the dam. I did pretty good there this fall on the bluegill and a couple of decent crappie. I think close to the dam would be the place to try.
I got 3 bites the first half hour then nothing. The wind was just too miserable to stick it out. Even my dog wanted to head for the truck after an hour of that.

Brentster7189

« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Sounds like a good cast and blast trip.  You had a boat out there during soft water fishing or from shore?

Offline treadhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:25 AM »
From shore. Usually catch a mix of crappie bluegill and a few small catfish. I really need to hit it with my canoe this year.

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Hows the road getting in there if we get all this snow and then it turns to rain the rest of the week? From memory the road was sand and rock so maybe should be to bad. My Dad used to ice fish Paddock back in the day before it dried up. I have been once since the  come back and had a blast fly fishing the bass at the north end.

Offline treadhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:07 PM »
It is paved until about the last few miles. The last mile or so was a little washboard and potholes, but nothing bad. Same road composition as all the other dirt roads north of Emmett, they can get greasy  fast.

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Thought I'd give a report. Road is good but soft on the edges. Bad news is four foot open water around the edges and my guess for the ice was 6". Walked down to the dam and back. Need some cold weather.

Offline treadhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2012, 04:10 PM »
That's insane having that much melting in just 4 days.  I didn't drill anything close to shore, but it had nice solid ice all along the Shore Tuesday. A couple more days of this and I'll have to run up there with the boat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.