Author Topic: Great day.  (Read 1091 times)

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Great day.
« on: Feb 06, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Had a great day yesterday on the ice. Took granddaughter (age 8) and her dad, neighbor and his 4 teenage daughters and retired buddy along. Weather here was 50 degrees, nice sun, 20 inches of ice. Made burgers, brats and hotdogs on the grill, along with homemade chocolate cupcakes. Oh ya, took along the kids dogs too. We caught enough northerns to keep the flags going and kids had a ball. We had 23 tip ups in the water and jig holes going all over the ice with barking dogs and screaming kids all day. They all fell asleep in the pickups on way home at dusk. This is what ice fishing is all about. :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Great day.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2005, 12:06 PM »
That sounds like an awesome fun day!! Gotta love it!! ;D

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Good for you 2dogs-I'll bet that's a day those kids will remember for the rest of their lives.....makin' memories. ;D

sieglefish69

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2005, 01:42 PM »
I CAN RELATE TO THAT.I FINALLY TOOK MY TWO BOYS OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY(AFTER CONVINCING MOM ALL WAS SAFE).WE DIDNT CATCH ALOT OF FISH BUT HAVING THE TEMPS OVER 50 DEGREES IN FEB. IN WESTERN NEW YORK WAS A BIG PLUS.THEY BOTH ENJOYED IT ESPECIALLY MY 8 YR.OLD WHO I THINK NOW IS PROBALLY GOING TO BE ASKING IF WE GO EVERY WEEKEND.MY 7 YR OLD WAS MORE INTERESTED IN RUNNING AROUND AND SEEING HOW FAR HE COULD FLING DEAD MINNOWS,BUT WAS VERY GOOD AT TELLING US EVERYTIME A LARGE SCHOOL OF FISH CAME OVER THE FINDER.ANY DAY LIKE THIS IS A FANTATSTIC DAY TO ME.IM SURE THERE ARE MORE TO COME.

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2005, 02:32 PM »
Took my 4 year old out last year and once again this year and now he always wants to go with.  Hopefully he always remembers going fishing.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2005, 03:35 PM »
Took my 2 1/2 year old out on the ice again yesterday.  The weather was awesome - 45 degrees and sunny.  Didn't catch any fish, but we still had fun. 
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline d_balm24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2005, 03:47 PM »
its not always about the fish you catch its about the memories with friends and family.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.