The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: StrikeMaster Strikelite??  (Read 464 times)

Offline icefishingluva

• Team IceShanty Regular
StrikeMaster Strikelite??
« on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:26 AM »
Hey all, i was out on the lake perch fishing with my buddy.  We were really gonna hit it hard like always and move to find the fish.  Well we pull up to the first part and get ready to drill in.  The first two holes i drilled worked fine, but after that, it seemed like my auger would not catch the ice and drill.  The only way to get it to drill would be to press down on it, and i've drilled probably over 300 holes and this has never happened before.  Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if this has happened to you before i did out the book to call customer service.

icefishingluva
Let's fish it.

Offline Hesperus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: StrikeMaster Strikelite??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:45 AM »
Assuming it's not soimething so simple as ice buildup on the blades it sounds like maybe you hit some "dirty ice" with sand or grit in it.

Offline icefishingluva

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:53 AM »
No i thought of that and there was no ice on my blades.  Perhaps new blades would solve the problem?

luva
Let's fish it.

Offline MEMAGGIENCOMET

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 01:44 PM »
Do you have the compostite auger or the new laser style auger on your uni?. I have heard the composite augers get ice on them and freeze. The cure for this was either spray Pam on them or use a small rubber mallet on them to knock the ice off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.