The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Anybody have the new lazer synthetic hand auger?  (Read 655 times)

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anybody have the new lazer synthetic hand auger?
« on: Jan 14, 2012, 09:23 PM »
The new strikemaster hand auger looks intresting, I like the offset handles like a nils and  the new blade and ice scooping design.. Just curious if anybody has one yet. I am in the market for a new handauger next season for first ice :tipup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Y4sUsGq2k

Offline Hesperus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anybody have the new lazer synthetic hand auger?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:31 AM »
Looks like a pretty nice unit and no need to worry about the fluting cutting anything.  I do need to point out though that this is not an offset handle design in the vid it's std brace and bit.

They also called it the lightest at 6#, but I saw the Nils spec'd at 5# for the 8" unit.

Wonder if it really has the Swedish blades?

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:54 AM »
The blades in the vid have "Mora Ice" on them so they are Swedish blades. The head design is similar to the Mora "Nova" auger that Mora of Sweden sells. It looks like a nice little auger however it should come with offset handles. Inline handles on that auger is a waste. If I already didn't have top notch hand augers I may consider buying one.

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:14 PM »
It looks like they sell it with offset handles also from what there website says.. It says they are backorder for the season in the offset version >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.