The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Larrabees  (Read 2053 times)

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
Larrabees
« on: Jan 11, 2012, 12:26 PM »
Anybody checked the ice at Larrabees (ferry crossing) recently? I drove by about a week and a half ago and it looked iffy. I also noticed that there was a "No Trespassing" sign where we normally access the lake, and where you can usually drive on when the ice is safe. Anybody know anything about that? Wondering if we can even access it there anymore.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Larrabees
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2012, 06:49 PM »
Anybody checked the ice at Larrabees (ferry crossing) recently? I drove by about a week and a half ago and it looked iffy. I also noticed that there was a "No Trespassing" sign where we normally access the lake, and where you can usually drive on when the ice is safe. Anybody know anything about that? Wondering if we can even access it there anymore.

Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Seriously? That's not good.

Offline tipuppppppppp

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the gaff
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2012, 09:57 PM »
the guy that put the no tresspassing sign doesn't want u to park on the property if u can drive out onto the ice its fine and i usually park on the road just before it on the right.  he yelled at me a few yrs back and he hasn't said anything to me after  but haven't parked in his lot either on the ice or on the road and walked out.  hope this helps.  we go up there all the time.

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2012, 07:22 AM »
OK, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if it was the same guy I ran into last year. Sounds like it is. He walked out to talk to us because we had parked there. We just drove out on the shore to the north and he was fine. That makes me feel better. It's one of our "go to" spots too. Seems to be pretty consistent for catching something...

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:40 PM »
the guy that put the no tresspassing sign doesn't want u to park on the property if u can drive out onto the ice its fine and i usually park on the road just before it on the right.  he yelled at me a few yrs back and he hasn't said anything to me after  but haven't parked in his lot either on the ice or on the road and walked out.  hope this helps.  we go up there all the time.

Have you been out there this year yet? Just wondering how the ice is. Would appreciate any info.

Offline KAJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2012, 03:11 PM »
Was there on Wed. 4/6 inches of black ice. You can see open water, so you can't go where ever you want.

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2012, 03:41 PM »
Was there on Wed. 4/6 inches of black ice. You can see open water, so you can't go where ever you want.

Thanks for the info!

Offline booner1108

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Where are they Gord?
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2012, 07:59 AM »
isn't there a state launch and parking area at larabees?

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2012, 08:17 AM »
isn't there a state launch and parking area at larabees?
Yes,  maybe 1/2 mile south of the ferry crossing. We have always fished north of the ferry crossing off Larrabee's Point so that's where we generally get on the ice. I imagine it's probably about the same fishing off the state boat launch. Just never tried it there.

Offline DunmoreFAn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2012, 06:24 PM »
You can catch just about anything off the boat launch!! I have cought crappie, blue gill, perch, bass and pike all in the same day there.... and everything you catch is decent size! fun place to fish when they are biting!
Fishin Ain't easy but it's better than work

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2012, 06:36 PM »
You can catch just about anything off the boat launch!! I have cought crappie, blue gill, perch, bass and pike all in the same day there.... and everything you catch is decent size! fun place to fish when they are biting!
don't forget to mention the occasional walleye and once in a blue moon a lake trout

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:19 AM »
don't forget to mention the occasional walleye and once in a blue moon a lake trout

That's good to know. We're headed that way next weekend so maybe we'll give it a try. Thanks.

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:50 AM »
Anyone fish by the Access over the weekend?  Wondering what the ice thickness is now, esp out in the channel if it isnt open.

Offline swampdonkeyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2012, 01:07 PM »
the drive way to get down
to the boat launch is a sheet of ice. Just went down there to check it out and barely made it back out.
fish on

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2012, 01:33 PM »
the drive way to get down
to the boat launch is a sheet of ice. Just went down there to check it out and barely made it back out.

What did you find for ice on the lake?

Offline swampdonkeyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2012, 01:59 PM »
i turned around in the first pull off. There should be plenty of ice thow. We got 7 to 9 on the other end of town at laphams. I had to drive through the ditch to get back out.

fish on

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2012, 06:54 AM »

Good perch bite there Saturday. Fished off the point just north of the boat launch. 9-11" perch were in 5-7 FOW. Gorging themselves on small bluegills. Picked up a 4# pike, a 4# pickeral, and a 2# LMB. Had several tip ups out in the channel (16-20 FOW), not much happening out there.

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:49 AM »
Sunday was slow too.  7 pike and a bunch of dink perch for the day.  4 of the pike were caught in 20min around 2pm. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.