Author Topic: Ice Conditions/Reports from Mazurick's?  (Read 2050 times)

Offline eyespyII

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Conditions/Reports from Mazurick's?
« on: Feb 04, 2005, 11:10 AM »
I am planning on going to Mazurick's Sat. and Sun and just wanted to check on the ice conditions.  Did anyone fish there today?  If so could you give me some info. 
Thanks
Ryan

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Conditions/Reports from Mazurick's?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2005, 11:49 AM »
I know guys are out today in force.  I'm heading out there right now.  I'll try and give a report tonight when I get in.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2005, 11:58 PM »
Lots of dinks caught today. Ice is in good shape only crossed one wet spot.  It should be a goat f#@$ Sat.  So many idiots...............s o little ice.  I'm bettin' at least 2 go swimmin'.  Good luck.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Todd_Hagerman

« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:39 PM »
swantucky did you get out sat or sun . wonder how the ice is with this warm temp. planning a trip that way next weekend. any info will be helpfull.

Offline Erie addict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2005, 06:06 PM »
Fished friday and Saturday and Sunday. The ice is getting a little slushy coming out of mazurick. The only crack that we had water was north of Kelly's. hit several other slush holes that used to be drifts. Had no problem on a snowmobile. 4 wheelers will need planks.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2005, 07:33 AM »
Fished Sat out of Camp Perry 1 keeper and saw some others caught.  Ice was in good shape Sat.  Fished Kellys Sun caught 9 dinks but saw quite a few nice ones caught.  The guy next to me had 4 with 2 of them being 9lbs.  The ice was very slushy coming in but solid.  (pucker factor of 4 on 1-10 scale)  Plan on wearing waterproof outerwear if you go in the next day or 2 if things don't melt too quick.  The ice is better the further you go out.  The best place to cross the crack at Kellys is the far east crossing as of Sunday at 5:15pm. Hope this helps.

Offline Reel_Magic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • First one out Last one back!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Fished same area near Kelly's, mixed results. Bet I had 50+ small fish, Ice should hold for a day or two but water on the ice will make it unsafe to travel. I did find a group of fish north in 36' but lots of spikes some nice fish mixed in. I hear there's been a bite near A can also. I have not fished it myself. Not fishing this week call friday for updates or check here!!!

Offline Gator-Bait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Hear they Taste like Chicken
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2005, 03:31 PM »
That was one big walleye you got :tipup:  GaToRrrr!! 8)
Pull my Finger not my Leg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.