Author Topic: Teeming with anxiety!!!  (Read 670 times)

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "A few in a bucket makes it easy to sit on yours"
Teeming with anxiety!!!
« on: Jan 09, 2012, 04:12 PM »
 I have not been out yet do to unsafe ice but I am headed to our Northern neighbor Wisconsin this weekend. I can't wait to pull in whatever bites.

New Clam 6x8 thermal pop up, about 200 new jigs, new lazer auger, new St. Croix legend rod w/phlueger president reel, new fl22 ultra pack, new cooler/coleman grill combo, New 7 gallon bucket w/ cushioned bucket topper seat, new first strike indicators, new ice anchor rod holders, new ice cleats.  :wacko:

SAME OLD SKILL SET!!!!!!!!!!  :unsure: :blink: :whistle:

I know I'm not alone here. The ice is coming this week and we should all be able to get out on safe ice in the midwest as soon as next week.

I'm excited like a little kid on Christmas morning excited. My wife can't wait for me to get it out of my system. She just doesn't know that every week it starts over again and again and again until ice out.  :woot:

Post your level of anxiety PLEASE so I don't feel so stupid.  :icefish:

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Teeming with anxiety!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Sounds like you all set then.  Wish I wasn't working this weekend otherwise I'd hook up with ya some where.  No doubt you'll enjoy yourself and thats all that matters.  Good luck and please let us all know how it goes.  Play hard play safe.

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Sounds like you all set then.  Wish I wasn't working this weekend otherwise I'd hook up with ya some where.  No doubt you'll enjoy yourself and thats all that matters.  Good luck and please let us all know how it goes.  Play hard play safe.

I may make this an annual trip. My friend who's taking me their used to until I showed him Canada. Now he has little vacation time left over. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2012, 04:35 PM »
Your not alone. BIL and I planned a quick day trip to Northern Iowa for the day after Christmas... I didn't fall asleep until well after midnight even though I was waking up at 4am to be at his house by 5 so we could be on the ice by 7:30. I keep turning over afraid that I slept through my alarm. Going again this weekend, I can't wait.

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:35 PM »
sounds like you have quite a setup!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Where in WI. are you heading?

Offline cstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:54 PM »
I have not been out yet do to unsafe ice but I am headed to our Northern neighbor Wisconsin this weekend. I can't wait to pull in whatever bites.

New Clam 6x8 thermal pop up, about 200 new jigs, new lazer auger, new St. Croix legend rod w/phlueger president reel, new fl22 ultra pack, new cooler/coleman grill combo, New 7 gallon bucket w/ cushioned bucket topper seat, new first strike indicators, new ice anchor rod holders, new ice cleats.  :wacko:

SAME OLD SKILL SET!!!!!!!!!!  :unsure: :blink: :whistle:

I know I'm not alone here. The ice is coming this week and we should all be able to get out on safe ice in the midwest as soon as next week.

I'm excited like a little kid on Christmas morning excited. My wife can't wait for me to get it out of my system. She just doesn't know that every week it starts over again and again and again until ice out.  :woot:

Post your level of anxiety PLEASE so I don't feel so stupid.  :icefish:
Sounds like you had a pretty good christmas!!! Good luck!  :tipup:

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Where in WI. are you heading?

Pulaski lake south of Ladysmith. Rusk County.

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Looks like Cook's bay will be OK to walk on this Sat.  A month later than usual.

Offline stanmo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Good luck, and have fun!
One thing, I use some Pflueger reels on the ice too. They work great, but do yourself a favor and remove the grease they come with, repack with one of the kinds made for the cold. Last winter, on colder days the reels were really stiff. I repacked with Frabill "Sub-Zero"this year, but haven't had a chance to put it through the tests. I did stick it in my freezer and it worked fine the next day. There are other brands available, just don't leave the original grease in for ice fishing.

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:31 PM »
Good luck, and have fun!
One thing, I use some Pflueger reels on the ice too. They work great, but do yourself a favor and remove the grease they come with, repack with one of the kinds made for the cold. Last winter, on colder days the reels were really stiff. I repacked with Frabill "Sub-Zero"this year, but haven't had a chance to put it through the tests. I did stick it in my freezer and it worked fine the next day. There are other brands available, just don't leave the original grease in for ice fishing.

I pack with marine grease. I will try the freezer test. Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.