Author Topic: new to idaho  (Read 489 times)

Offline swvff12

• IceShanty Rookie
new to idaho
« on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:40 PM »
hey yall

as my subject line says im pretty new to idaho and completely new to ice fishing. i moved up to aberdeen back in april and am still learning my way around here. got to learn some areas over the summer and fall. iv never ice fished before this year. my girlfriend got me some ice fishing equipment for my bday about 15 days ago but due to the temps have only been able to go twice total. well, the temps seem to be dropping back down and im wanting to get back into some fishing action. i still dont really have any friends around the area, not many people to get friends from but would like to meet people and get some fishing buddies at least. im thinking about hitting american falls tomorrow (no guarantee) but am not about to get out on the ice alone quite yet. if anyone is interested in joining let me know asap. im thinking either big hole or by the dam.

-noe

Offline JigginInID

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: new to idaho
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2012, 12:43 AM »
Hey swvff12,
Never fished AF myself, but there's penty of fellow ice addicts in your area that can help point you in the right direction.  Plus tons of info on here with jiggin tips etc. Welcome to Idaho and the Shanty.  :)

Offline solesoaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: new to idaho
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2012, 02:04 AM »
I am not familiar with big hole, unless its Right straight out from seagull bay, I know that as the "meat hole"  welcome to the area, Aberdeen has some other waters close by MC tucker ponds or springfield  unless you wanna travel a bit other wise I would say get a boat and do some exploring this summer, you might try brown bay for a diffrent view easyest way to explain how to get there is get on beach road and follow it to the end  of the road, not sure about the ice but back in the bay where the creek come in should be good, next time I head out that way I will let you know and maybe we can meet
what did the fish say when he ran into a brick wall?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.