The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ed's Bait Shop  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ed's Bait Shop
« on: Jan 07, 2012, 08:31 AM »
Anyone know what's going on with Ed's Bait Shop website?  They haven't updated their "weekly" fishing report since December 9.  I'm trying to plan a trip up and like to check it often.
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline BOUTDOORS

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ed's Bait Shop
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2012, 11:58 AM »
Not sure.  Try check Woodland Resort's fishing reports or the Devils Lake Chamber of Commerce.  Ed's is under new ownership this last year and there hasn't been format changes to the site so they may just do it periodically rather than weekly.  Good luck.
Rippin' Lips and Taken' big sips.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2012, 10:00 PM »
They could have pulled a seat up to the connecting bar...its not much of a bait shop more of a convenience store/bar!! However, the new owners seem to know the lake. Plus they are young and motivated from the looks of it!

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Tinker

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2012, 04:17 PM »
What???  Last time I was there it was an awesome bait shop, think that was 2010.  I paid like 4 bucks for 9-10 dozen minnows and 2 dozen wax worms (the kid threw in the wax worms for free!)  For just bait I thought it was great, the attached bar I could probably do without, and of course you can find lures cheaper elsewhere but that is pretty common with such a small store.

Offline Perch tugger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Not sure but I think I read somewhere that it is under different ownership.  That might be why the site has not been updated.  BOUTDOORS I think is right.

Offline Buckshot86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2012, 06:16 PM »
I called Ed's Bait Shop for the first time two months ago with a few questions. The man on the phone was short with me and somewhat rude; hesitant to volunteer any information. I am an experienced outdoorsman and did not ask anything that might be considered taboo. The place deserves the benefit of the doubt especially with its good reputation so do not think I am judging this place on one incident. If they gave you that much bait for four dollars, thats amazing. I live in Montana and there are not many people that sell minnows. Most guys trap their own here because a dozen minnows costs six dollars and they are always counted out to that exact number.

Offline UpNorth -21

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "FISH ON"
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2012, 01:37 PM »
$6 for 12 minnows!! I hope there feeding them minnows gold flakes what a joke i can get a scoop for 2.99 that prob. has 2-3 dozen in it
"Catch And Release into the Grease"

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2012, 04:35 PM »
Ya but we get a dozen sucker minnows and creek chubs for $6 not fatheads and sicklebacks.  It's a different fishery and live bait fish are not legal to use in the majority of the state so we don't have the same availability as you do in North Dakota.  Lack of competition causes higher prices and few fish for your dollar.  I fish 20 days a year in ND and 100+ days in Montana.  You should feel lucky to have the warm water fishery that you do.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.