Author Topic: Entries Being DQ'd ...  (Read 1872 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Entries Being DQ'd ...
« on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:15 AM »

Entries are being DQ'd for kneeling and downward angle in day pictures .. not showing the lake in the background.

Snow covering the #'s at the beginning and end of rule.

Not being able to see the tournament card.

Please re read the rules. Also read the photo taking tips.
Many pictures are being taken either at a distance, angle or both.

I'm doing my best not to DQ and get accurate measurements  .. as accurate as you can from a picture.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Entries Being DQ'd ...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2012, 03:38 PM »

I'm now clarifying the rules to be better understood. Where it states :

b.) Photo 2: This photo must have the angler and fish together while still out on the ice with the lake (ice) in the background and the anglers face uncovered. If in a shanty step outside for the picture.
         If the pic is taken at night kneel and take the pic at a downward angle so as to include the ice. Daylight pictures require background as stated above.

I'm taking out the step outside for the picture and changing to no inside the shanty pictures. Which is stated in a).
I'm taking out (ice) and adding      No downward pictures ..   we want a view of the lake.

To clarify further so there is no misunderstanding here are examples of what we are looking for :

I understand people don't want others to no where they caught their entry but you can take the picture so it is facing the middle of the lake instead of a shore line.  ;)

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Is it ok if we kneel on the ice in the daytime, as long as you can still see the background?    When I fish alone I prop my camera on the seat of my snowmobile and put it on auto-timer,  and with the seat of the  snowmobile being so low, if I stand up, all you'll see is my knees    ;D       But if I crouch down I am in the frame,  I'll just make sure you can still see the  shoreline     Is that OK?

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Is it ok if we kneel on the ice in the daytime, as long as you can still see the background?    When I fish alone I prop my camera on the seat of my snowmobile and put it on auto-timer,  and with the seat of the  snowmobile being so low, if I stand up, all you'll see is my knees    ;D       But if I crouch down I am in the frame,  I'll just make sure you can still see the  shoreline     Is that OK?

That's fine I just need to see a view of the lake in the background.
When I originally wrote "the lake (ice) in the background" I thought it would be understood .. not kneeling and the 4 feet of ice behind you.

I also responded to this under "questions I received" :
Another thing I noticed last season were entry pictures taken during the day being taken at a downward angle .. like the night rule. It now reads :
If the pic is taken at night kneel and take the pic at a downward angle so as to include the ice. Daylight pictures require background as stated above.

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:24 PM »
 Thanks for clarifications!
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:56 PM »
thanks for the clarifacation ;)
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:19 PM »
Wolf, was just wondering if its ok to black out a few background images.  Ex. for my pike i entered i scribbled to hide a few distinguishing landmarks, but one can still see im on the lake and its not at and angle etc.  Just was making sure this was ok and not considered "altering" the photo.  Thanks

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:26 PM »

No altering of the photo's or immediate DQ.    It will be DQ'd.

If you want to keep your spots less noticeable then take the picture towards the middle of the lake ... the main part of the lake behind you.

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2012, 07:39 AM »
Thanks wolf fixed it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.