New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: the no ice blues  (Read 271 times)

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
the no ice blues
« on: Jan 06, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Well must say im really quite upset about this weather we are having. 42 degrees out in january?!?!?  Kinda thinking we wont get ice is anyone else having doubts on the ice season in New York seen as the winter hasn't been as cold as last. Last year I was on ice around christmas and this year the only ice I have seen has been in my driveway. This definitely suckssssss.

Offline fishfry95

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: the no ice blues
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2012, 10:25 AM »
i agree It does not look good we can't put enough cold days together in a row to make safe ice. just my opinion but I'm thinking feburary now. i also predict alot of guys will take a dip this year since everone is anxious to go

JJ

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Good thing NY is a big state, there is plenty of ice, you just might have to travel this year.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2012, 10:37 AM »
Theres ice out there...   This was this morning...  Just have to go look for it.....

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2012, 10:39 AM »
I agree there is plenty of ice to be had. You just have to put in some time.  Head 35 mins. north of albany and you could be fishing.    I also agree that we will see some people on the news getting there legs wet.  I went out yesterday and out of ow where this i will say 13 year old kid comes runnign down the boat launch and right out on to the ice.  I yelled at him and said its not safe. he just looked at me and kept running around. As his parents sat in the car watching. The beeped the horn he cam running back and about 3 feet away from shore he feel in it is only foot deep but  I was totally amazed that they let the kid run out on the ice like that.  Sounds like a news story to me. 
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:31 AM »
My first day fishing was early December.    I have already fished 9 different lakes/ponds.     Heck we have 6 of us fishing right now.   So I guess there is plenty of Fishable ice.
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.