Author Topic: a good and bad day on the lake  (Read 613 times)

Offline Kenbo3

• IceShanty Rookie
a good and bad day on the lake
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:27 PM »
well yesterday i got out my favorite brookie lake in hopes of getting a tourney challenger. it was a beautiful day other than the slush. after about ten minutes I hooked this little guy and was off to a good start

it was really slushy/wet on the lake, new baffin bear boots made fishing possible without having soaked feet. heres a measurement of the slush depth

after an hour or more of fishing the same spot i decided to move. found a spot where other fisher people had been previously as the holes were marked with sticks.

it didnt take long and another series of bites. hooked another one and to my suprise theres rainbows in my brookie lake. been fishing here for about four years and have never seen one. great dinner!

while i was unhooking my fish I noticed my dog(chloe) sitting on the ice  pulling one of the sticks marking old holes. but she was ten feet away? oh no! i quickly realize the sticks marking old holes are someones poor excuse for set lines. i managed to get the hook out of the dog and began cleaning up this mess. cleaning up 6  illegal set lines in all

these lines were not marked or properly set using the right size of hooks and i am willing to be set lining is frowned upon on this lake. especially like this. totally irresponsible, immoral and illlegal. I was pretty mad about the whole situation put a bit of a damper on my good fishing day. made me feel better to clean it up and leave a sign for these idiots to return to

hoping that these guys ( I suspect kids by the quality of thier work) decide to return to my sign and realize their mistake and dont do it again. I doubt it. every year I seem to find something like this and its really disheartening. heres hoping they take my note seriously and that these lines werent left by someone on here or friends of those on here. most of us seem to be pretty legit fishermen. thanks to those who are. To the rest my note applies to you.
cheers
well, you think it's any good over there?

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
Re: a good and bad day on the lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:20 PM »
Let the CO's know about the set lines      :nono:

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline IceDrillerFishKiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Unreal, I guess some people just don't care. Good on you for leaving the note! Agree 100% contact the CO's

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:02 PM »
nice lookin fish..
BS bout someone leaving lines like that -good on you for cleanin em up- good karma goes a long ways!
 :)
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.