Author Topic: Strikemaster Solo Lazer Pro - carb issues resolved  (Read 2605 times)

Offline bri

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster Solo Lazer Pro - carb issues resolved
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:07 PM »
Just a little FYI for any Solo owners out there that run into any carb issues...

I was having intermittent fuel leakage (directly from the carb intake) which then evolved into heavy loading in the revs. I tore down the carb and found a pretty big piece of crap laying on the diaphram. I cleaned everything out and re-assembled, problem went away... Until the next day.

Called up SM and spoke to a tech. His initial thought was that the diaphram was bad and blamed the fuel quality "now a days". Long story short, I ordered up a carb kit and the problem was indeed the diaphram. The old one would make a "pop" or "crackling" type of sound when I pushed on it and wasn't returning to it's correct shape when manipulated.

I'm glad the problem was easy to resolve but I'm a bit surprised the diaphram crapped out so soon, as this is only the second season since new. I always run non-eth, amsoil sabre and seafoam. Is fuel these days really that bad? Could the seafoam cause any premature wear on the diaphram? Maybe just a bum part from the factory.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Strikemaster Solo Lazer Pro - carb issues resolved
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:12 PM »
I run high octane non ethanol fuel in my solo and I use the strikemaster oil mixture. I like to run it dry at the end of the season and pull the cord and just make sure the carb is empty. Havent had an issue yet! Fuel quality "now a days" sure does stink tho. That ethanol seems to destroy everything. I prefer to not even touch it anymore. Make sure your gas is fresh too because that can make a HUGE difference.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.