The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: magog walleyes?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline vthonkerhtr

• IceShanty Rookie
magog walleyes?
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 01:18 PM »
just wondering your guys opinion on where the walleyes in magog went?  is it because of the dam on the clyde or just snagging and over fishing during the spring?  there has to some giant walleyes left in there.

Offline walleyeicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather be Ice Fishing
Re: magog walleyes?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 02:58 PM »
I would say all the above.  Now i bet the state blames it on something totally different.
I would have to agree where are those magog monsters.  They must be staying on the otherside of the border  ;D

Offline vthonkerhtr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:37 PM »
they must be in there still!  but i bet you are right they are spawing in canadian waters and they are keeping it hush hush

Offline johndeere540

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:13 PM »
I am gonna go out on a limb and say that all the suckers in the river that eat up all spawn hurt it alot more than snagging, fishing, or the dam ever did! The suckers far outnumber the walleye or salmon! :unsure:

Offline vthonkerhtr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:31 PM »
sounds like we walleye guys need to go on a sucker killing spree!  something happend to those giants and think we need to get to the bottom of it.  What happend to vermonts best walleye fishery?????? please post if you know of any coming from the main lake and not snagged in the clyde river, not honing in on anyones spot just trying to solve a glowing puzzle

Offline walleyeicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2012, 06:52 AM »
I've heard that they are still spawing down in the streams of south bay.  They've got to be some where. 

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:33 AM »
About 10-15 years Bobbi who owned the bait shop near the East side restaurant caught 3 monsters on last couple of days of the
ice fishing season. He had them mounted in his shop 10 + pounders. Could be they are spawning earlier due to warming
and back in the lake long before trout season arrives. You would think someone would take one once in awhile during
 March trout season.  Mystery?

Offline walleyeicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:58 AM »
Big Mystery!!!

Offline vthonkerhtr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2012, 12:58 PM »
i agree 

Offline mroy44

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2012, 01:03 PM »
Its too bad you cant use suckers as bait anymore, because trapping those suckers for bait could put a damper on the population

Good fishin!!  Nugent 2012!

Offline trout slayer 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2012, 07:41 PM »
I am gonna go out on a limb and say that all the suckers in the river that eat up all spawn hurt it alot more than snagging, fishing, or the dam ever did! The suckers far outnumber the walleye or salmon! :unsure:
x2  @)
aka halfrack23 willoughby lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.