Author Topic: auger handles  (Read 514 times)

Offline mhodnettjr

• IceShanty Rookie
auger handles
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:12 AM »
Has anyone tried to modify an auger handle to work like the Nils and Swedish Moras?  As in lengthening the top horizontal part of the handle so both hands turn instead of one staying stationary.  I have a bent out of shape eskimo that I might experiment with making the top arm a little longer.

Any thoughts?

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: auger handles
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:23 AM »
I've got a piece of conduit I'm planning on bending to match a nils handle this winter for my mora. I've got access to a nils handle so I can make it exactly the same. After using my fathers 8 inch nils and finding out it's easier to use than my 6 inch, I have to at least try! Strikemaster sells the offset handles for $25 or so plus shipping, but I have the conduit and it's only ten bucks to rent the conduit bender from my local hardware store. You have to call strikemaster to order it, they don't have them listed on line...

Not sure you could modify an existing handle, though.

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.